Regional Group Leader, Liability, Information And Technology Industry
Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? Regional Practice Group Leader, Professional Liability Location US-CA-Woodland Hills | US-CA-San Diego | US-CA-Roseville | US-CA-San Francisco | US-CA-Fresno | US-CA-Los Angeles | US-AZ-Scottsdale | US-CO-Centennial | US-UT-Salt Lake City
Job Type Regular Full-Time
Company Burns & Wilcox
*This position is open to candidates in Northern and Southern California, and the Scottsdale, Arizona area.
Burns & Wilcox is seeking a dynamic, motivated, forward-thinking leader to assist in building a dedicated function that harnesses our vertical expertise to transform the way we do business in the specialty insurance space. This individual will have a solid understanding of professional liability insurance with networks to retailers, brokers, and carriers in the Western Region of the country.
- Reports to National Practice Group Leader (NPGL) and serves on the Professional Insurance Practice Leadership Team
- Partners with the NPGL and other RPGLs to develop and execute the national business strategy
- Oversees premium and revenue goals for offices within assigned region
- Collaborates with Professional Insurance Practice Leadership Team to implement consistent approach and processes and align on best practices
- Monitor critical areas and formulate correction action when necessary across; loss ratio, expenses, policy retention, marketing and sales effectiveness, and new business hit ratio
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage carrier relationships and in house programs
- Work closely with Managing Directors within their region to ensure offices are adequately staffed with quality personnel and properly trained personnel.
- Provide input for performance reviews and development plans for practice group employees
- Market the practice group both internally and externally
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Prior proven experience successfully leading and coaching dynamic teams
- Minimum 5 years of transferrable insurance experience, professional lines preferred
- Excess and surplus lines insurance experience preferred
- Creative, innovative, and results orientated skill set
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and act tactically
- Strong influencing, negotiation, and relationship building skills with senior level executive partners, both internal and external
- Ability to travel
- Competitive base compensation
- Employer paid professional development, including continuing insurance education courses, designations, certifications and licenses
- Access to Kaufman Institute, H.W. Kaufman Group’s corporate university
- Health and welfare benefits including medical, vision and dental
- 401K with employer match
- Paid vacation, sick time, and holidays
- Opportunities for career advancement
About Our Company
Burns & Wilcox is the nation’s largest independent wholesale insurance broker and underwriting manager. In 1969, the late Herbert W. Kaufman recognized an opportunity to fill a void in the industry by establishing Burns & Wilcox as a wholesale brokerage and underwriting organization that would provide brokers and agents with unique access to a variety of insurance markets and help place their specialty risks. Today under the leadership of Mr. Kaufman’s son, Alan Jay Kaufman, that entrepreneurial spirit is thriving as Burns & Wilcox offers comprehensive solutions for retail insurance agents of all sizes, from the large alphabet houses to the more than 30,000 brokers and agent partners worldwide.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The H.W. Kaufman Group of companies is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status or condition protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed
Software Powered by iCIMS