Manager, Local Government,Contracts
Manager, State and Local Government Contracts
Requisition #: 45748
Practice Area: Advisory
Location: Irvine, CA; Los Angeles, CA; Sacramento, CA; San Diego, CA; San Francisco, CA; Santa Clara, CA; Seal Beach, CA; Walnut Creek, CA; Woodland Hills, CA
Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today’s most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It’s also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it’s no wonder we’re consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you’re as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Manager, State and Local Government Contracts to join our Government Quality and Contract Compliance (GQCC) organization.
- Oversee and administer a portfolio of State and Local Government (SLG) contracts, including when KPMG is a subcontractor, and resolve contractual related issues
- Accountable for contract compliance and reporting for all contracts within the portfolio through the administration and evaluation of policies, procedures, and operating practices
- Help ensure contract related documents are maintained accurately and on a timely basis in accordance with customer and firm requirements
- Participate in account planning and go-to-market activities in support of Government contracts for Advisory, Audit, and Tax practices at the account level
- Maintain contract records and documents in accordance with policy
- Ensure contracts information systems, both internal and external, are accurate and maintained according to requirements/procedures
- Minimum of seven years of professional experience working as a contracts professional with experience in RFP risk analysis and proposal preparation, as well as experience managing and tracking contracts, MSAs, task orders, and change orders for state and local California government clients
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; preferably in language arts, social sciences or business
- Previous experience overseeing a contracts portfolio with $50M plus in active contract/subcontracts revenue
- Demonstrated negotiation skills, including experience negotiating terms and conditions with both state and local government and industry clients
- Ability to collaborate with delivery teams and other support functions (e.g., finance, subcontracts, security, OGC, Risk Management), and serve as a valued advisor to internal customers regarding contractual and Government compliance issues
- Strong verbal and written communications skills to deal effectively with executive management and staff regarding contracts and subcontracts issues with high degrees of complexity, and work issues to resolution
- US Citizenship
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.