Sr. Software Test Engineer
Make Next Happen Now. For more than 30 years, Silicon Valley Bank (SVB) has helped innovative companies and their investors move bold ideas forward, fast. SVB provides targeted financial services and expertise through its offices in innovation centers across the world. With commercial, international and private banking services, SVB helps address the unique needs of innovators.
The Senior Software Test Engineer Lead is a vital role for the implementation and establishment of a quality process in our IT Testing organization. This individual leads efforts for testing organization in support of the SVB business teams. This role is an active partner in test design, planning and execution working on multiple projects and department initiatives. Supports and insures successful delivery of organizational transformation and goals across all business verticals at SVB, and delivering high quality product for our clients. The Test Lead is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day task management across multiple project test teams and long term planning for specific business verticals. This role requires coordination with team across multiple time zones for global projects and working with teams located around the world. The Test Lead will work under minimal guidance. The Test Lead will provide guidance mentoring junior test engineers.
- Responsible for the overall quality of IT projects and changes through execution of all aspects of the Software Development and Testing Life Cycle
- Lead, develop, monitor and execute test activities projects and department initiatives
- Work closely with development and business partners to ensure timely collaboration and resolution
- Review and understand project or application requirements
- Prepare test documentation (test strategy, test plan, test summary report, test cases, defects, daily status reports
- Manage and create test data adhering to PII rules
- Work closely with globally distributed teams to ensure continuous support and test execution in various time zones
- Facilitate daily triage meetings, follow defect through closure.
- Assist in building, configuring and managing test environments
- Monitor environmental impact, communicate potential risks, provide mitigation plan
- Provide requirement traceability metrics
- Implementing test automation utilizing current frameworks and tools
- Demonstrate thought leadership through identifying process inefficiencies and implementing creative solutions with a spirit of collaboration
- Streamline the testing process by introducing automation, leveraging tools and setting goals to reduce time and effort
- Demonstrate solid domain knowledge in Global Digital Banking application
- U.S. Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- 7 years as a test engineer with good understanding of SDL
- Excellent knowledge of testing methodologies and practices
- Experience with batch and web application testing
- Experience with test automation scripting, scheduling and reporting with Selenium and Jenkins
- Experience with JIRA, or similar tools.
- Familiarity with Confluence, Bitbucket and Maven