Sr. Accounting Analyst
The applicant will be required to perform many processes relating to month end closing activities including recording month end journal entries, balance sheet account reconciliation, performing analytical procedures, preparing month end closing package and internal control procedures in the fast growing and deadline sensitive environment. The essential functions to be performed by the applicant include but not limited to the following:
- Assist controllership team with monthly close activities including account reconciliation, recording journal entries, and analytical review of financial information.
- Prepare and maintain schedules and desk procedures for accounting areas assigned.
- Assist with controllership team to prepare monthly close package, compiling the analyses from different accounting team members, perform detailed variance analysis on the financials.
- Continually enhance and improve procedures to ensure accurate, timely accumulation of financial information. Develop checklist and desk procedures of the closing process.
- Assist controllership team with preparing audit supporting documents for external and internal audits.
- Work closely with FP&A team on accrual process, understand the business expending, budgeting and forecasting to explain the variance between actual and budget/forecast.
- Review the work performed by third party service providers or consultants and provide feedbacks or trainings.
- Work closely with AP and procurement team on certain expense accruals.
- Participate in special projects related to different areas of accounting. Performs other specific duties and responsibilities as required or assigned by the Controllership team.
#LI - 128887066_LH1 Qualifications
- Minimum of 2 + years' experience at Big 4 public accounting firm and/or industry experience with completion of a full year close cycle.
- Must be proficient in Excel, especially using pivot table and VLOOKUP functions
- Must be a team player with strong work ethics, good analytical skills and professional skepticism
- Great verbal and written communication skills as well as possess the ability to think critically and efficiently.
- Pay consistent close attention to details.
- Able to work effectively with other functional teams outside accounting.