Senior Manager, Global Payroll
Over the last three decades, Silicon Valley Bank Financial Group has become one of the most respected names in the financial services industry and we currently have an exciting opportunity for you to join our organization as a Global Payroll Manager.
In this role, you will lead, contribute and learn in a dynamic HR / Payroll organization and have responsibility for the following:
•Lead a team of payroll professionals to connect tactical payroll activities to strategic HR and company goals.
•Develop opportunities to optimize payroll processes globally.
•Provide payroll analytics and insights to HR and other companywide stakeholders.
•Champion global payroll compliance, ensuring all legal and statutory payroll-related requirements are met.
• Develop and improve the knowledge, skills and abilities of the payroll team.
Manage the monthly payroll processes for employees in all countries.
•Verify monthly allowances, deduction calculations and pension calculations are accurate.
• Partner closely with Finance and Tax departments on a quarterly basis to ensure hypothetical tax calculations are current and accurate for all expatriates.
• Serve on global office expansion team to provide payroll guidance on taxation issues with foreign assignments and the opening of new offices globally.
• Coordinate with domestic payroll resources to ensure U.S. employees are expatriated and repatriated without issue.
• Ensure a smooth transition in the hand off between global payroll and U.S. payroll.
• Maintain relationships with external payroll service providers, including regional providers to ensure they are meeting SLA's around payment of non U.S. based employees.
•Ensure that all the proper taxable allowances and foreign tax credits for U.S. employees working on foreign assignments are properly represented on their U.S. W2's.
•Travel quarterly to California or designated location for team and leadership meetings Qualifications
•Ten plus years of experience in the payroll field with at least five years supporting global payroll processes (UK, Canada, Germany, India, China, Israel).
•Experience working with multiple diverse Payroll Systems like Workday, ADP, Ceridian, Ultimate Pro.
•Experience assessing and implementing payroll projects and vendors.
•Experience leading payroll teams to support global payroll.
•Multi-entity payroll experience a plus.
•Experience with payroll audits and maintaining payroll compliance globally.
•Experience setting up payroll processes in foreign countries.
•Ability to build a strong partnership with HR, legal, tax, stock admin and accounting Functions.
•Advocate adherence to Payroll and HR policies.
•Excellent oral, written, presentation and communication skills and a high level of tact with the ability to handle sensitive compensation information.
•Active participation in payroll organizations and demonstrated ongoing learning about payroll advancements and enhancements.
•Bachelor's Degree and/or CPP highly desirable.