Principal Infrastructure Engineer
Make Next Happen Now. For over 30 years, Silicon Valley Bank (SVB) has helped innovative companies and their investors move bold ideas forward, fast. SVB provides targeted banking services to companies of all sizes in innovation centers around the world. Get to Know Us. Join talented technologists to help advance many of the smartest client companies on the planet.
SVB offers a great benefits package -- annual bonuses, sign-on bonuses, profit sharing, matching 401K, flexible work environment, and much more. Learn more about life at SVB. Ready to Make an Impact? Then this might be the perfect opportunity for you. Be a part of a SVB's future and join a growing global company known for a relentless focus on clients who change the world. Put your talents to work on developing the technology that makes it all possible.
We are looking for a motivated, talented and dedicated Network Engineer that enjoys working in a highly dynamic environment. Work side by side with some of the most talented Network technologists in the industry where the focus is simplifying and supporting a network that's built for scale.
The Principle Network Engineer is our most experienced level on the network team. If you like to learn, teach and elevate others, this is the perfect environment for you. Essential Responsibilities:
As part of the IT Operations team, the Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for supporting a multi-vendor network infrastructure analyzing, designing, configuring and optimizing our global network. The successful candidate will provide direction, leadership, and recommendations to secure and optimize network traffic. The candidate will provide Tier 3 support and maintenance to our Cisco infrastructure, routers and switches such as the Cisco Nexus and Catalyst platforms, Cisco ASR 7200/3800 routers, Cisco UCS, Cisco Multilayer Director, Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance, and Cisco 6500 switches amongst others. Qualifications
- Minimum of CCNP certification CCIE preferred, Security certifications a plus
- 6+ years of senior level networking operational experience providing day-to-day operational monitoring and technical support for the network infrastructure
- Experience managing high availability architecture
- Demonstrated ability to ensure the infrastructure is maintained at the appropriate patch and software levels using change management as defined in the ITIL framework
- Has managed, led and executed projects that integrate new technology that scales allowing the environment to meet the growing performance, security, and functionality demands.
- Provides cross training to team members to strengthen the broader team.
- Experience in work load balancing - A10, WAN Optimization leveraging Riverbed - Steelhead, Network Monitoring using Protocols such as HSRP / VSRP / VRRP / BGP / OSPF / EIGRP MPLS/SDWAN wide area network QoS policy and design IPv6 addressing and routing
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment with multiple high priorities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills detailing opportunities for improvement, problem management in non-technical terms
- Thrives when working in a highly diverse environment, able to work with senior management and project managers completing assigned tasks
- A team player with a positive attitude, detail oriented with a strong focus for quality
Bachelor's Degree in CS, IS preferred, equivalent experience will be considered