Manager, Financial Crime
T he External Fraud Investigations Team is part of Silicon Valley Bank's Financial Intelligence Unit and is responsible for reviewing illicit activity targeting SVB client accounts and ultimately filing Suspicious Activity Reports with FinCEN, when appropriate. This Manager position leads an investigations team which focuses on BSA compliance for SVB's card products. The Manager is responsible for the performance of the team and ensures department deliverables and objectives are met on a daily basis.
A successful candidate will have expert knowledge of FinCEN and FFIEC guidance as well as BSA compliance specific to card products. In addition to managing day to day work and providing people leadership, they will act as a subject matter expert in assessing the FIU's compliance with regulations, identifying improvements and changes that may need to be implemented, and collaborating with the FIU's broader leadership team. The Manager will work closely with Fraud/BSA Analysts, Senior Analysts, and Leads to ensure their growth and overall success. This position is a Leadership Level 2 and requires advanced analytical skills, specialized functional expertise in card fraud and compliance, and the ability to drive collaboration with internal partners, external partners, and law enforcement.
- Manage, coach, and oversee a Fraud Investigations team.
- Conduct examinations of investigative work products to ensure that all procedural requirements have been met, proper analysis has been conducted, and that investigations are complete.
- Plan and lead ongoing team meetings and trainings to ensure that all members of the Fraud Investigations team receive clear communication regarding relevant SVB developments, industry news, and department priorities and goals
- Closely monitor investigative inventory, ensuring that all work is completed within regulatory and internally set timeframes.
- Deploy staffing strategies based on available resources and overall inventory.
- Provide robust and ongoing coaching to direct reports regarding performance, career planning, and opportunities for improvement.
- Provide executive-level updates to senior FCRM leadership on sensitive/complex/high-profile investigations, and department trends.
- Must possess a deep understanding of financial crimes, suspicious activity reporting, fraud investigations, and card products.
Must be able to independently issue guidance and coaching to Fraud Investigations team on all matters within the department's purview.
Must be able to properly allocate and reallocate resources to the plethora of tasks requiring completion to ensure all regulatory and internally set timeframes are met 100% of the time.
Must have experience reviewing all levels of investigations and providing extensive feedback and coaching to ensure that all members of the Fraud Investigations Investigations Team meet internal and regulatory expectations.
Typically requires 5-10 years of experience in Fraud Investigations or closely related field, including: experience conducting complex investigations; providing training, feedback, and coaching; and helping drive BSA compliant investigative strategy.
Must be skilled in people management, including the ability to thoughtfully and successfully deliver difficult messages, provide formal performance management, and further develop team members of all success levels.
Strong oral and written communication skills are required.
Bachelors degree or higher preferred. Advanced degree and professional certifications (CFE, CAMS, etc.) preferred .