IT Release Manager
Make Next Happen Now. For more than 30 years, Silicon Valley Bank (SVB) has helped innovative companies and their investors move bold ideas forward, fast. SVB provides targeted financial services and expertise through its offices in innovation centers across the world. With commercial, international and private banking services, SVB helps address the unique needs of innovators. IT Release Manager
IT Release governance is the process of planning, managing, and governing solution releases, which helps guide the value stream toward the business goals. We are hiring an IT Release Manager to take part in the release management and governance responsibilities. Profile
The IT release manager will own the release management lifecycle which includes scheduling, coordinating and the management of releases across the enterprise for multiple applications across various portfolios. You will be responsible for overseeing software delivery and release deployment across all environments in support of Sprint releases. You will coordinate closely with Engineers, DevOps, SQA, Project Management, and Product Management to ensure deployment activities are executed fully, accurately and efficiently. Key Responsibilities:
- You will be responsible for implementing and managing release processes for code through development, test, and production environments
- Facilitates and partner with DevOps team and support to continuous integration (CI), continuous deployment (CD) and release to end users on demand.
- Building the IT Release Calendar in working closely with the IT release managers from different portfolios across IT and centralizing view of all releases.
- Forward Plan the release windows and cycles across a portfolio
- Negotiates release dates that are acceptable to stakeholders across functions.
- Oversees the production pipeline and schedules deployments to minimize downtime for end-users.
- Establish and run Release Review meetings with project teams to analyze the release impact and to support release alignment.
- Works collaboratively with technology teams involved in the release process to ensure compliance with defined SLA's.
- Ensuring that an appropriate deployment plan and Change Authorization is in place.
- Ensures that the most critical governance quality elements are appropriately addressed before deployment-particularly SDLC artifacts and CAB requirements.
- Conduct Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and IT operations Go/No-Go reviews
- Coordinates with internal and external deployment teams for complex multi-team production migrations and publishes deployment results to leadership team.
- Work with DevOps team and release managers for timely delivery of release test environments, identify conflicts and resolve within the constraints
- Develop process and track test environments required for QA
- Manage Intake and Forecast environment requirements based on anticipated future demand from multiple project team.
- Prepare and publish release management reports and metrics
- Participate in CAB meetings to discuss release scope and/or roadblocks
- Develop and maintain Release Management document & repository. For example, Standard Operating Procedure, Release Policy
- Continually work towards making improvements in the Release management process
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas in both technical and non-technical terms to stakeholders and leadership.
- Experience in software build deploy and release management
- Good Customer facing experience and presentation skills
- Ability to work with cross functional teams and be a great people manager.
- Strong organizational and Project Management skills.
- Ability to demonstrate release management professionalism, enthusiasm, and create a collaborative climate.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Experience and knowledgeable with Agile/Scrum methodologies and associated tools
- Have technical skills and tools knowledge: Jenkins, Perforce, Jira, Confluence
- 2-6 years of previous release management experience working with or on DevOps teams.
- 8-10 years of experience in information systems operations environment in systems analysis or development
- Experience overseeing planning and execution of multiple software releases during release cycles.
- Experience in application development that demonstrates thorough knowledge of the SDLC.
- Are highly skilled in coordinating sprint release in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience and familiarity with Source Code Control Systems
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or related field
- Formal training in project management practices, ITIL, Agile methodology, Scrum certifications holders preferred