IT DR Engineer
We are seeking a talented individual for an IT Disaster Recovery Engineer, who will lead the Disaster Recovery program for the IT Engineering and Operations department. This position will manage the Disaster Recovery related contingency planning. Work with an internal technical and functional business team and IT vendors. Lead the development, implementation and maintenance of the IT Engineering and Operations IT Disaster Recovery Program to include Disaster Recovery planning, risk assessment, testing and ongoing process improvement.
• Develop and maintain a business critical Disaster Recovery Program that ensures high availability and superior performance in a 7x24 delivery model.
• Maintain SVB's Disaster Recovery plan and runbooks for business critical applications as determined by the SVB Business Continuity Plan.
• Serve as the Disaster Recovery Manager ensuring that the Recovery Point Objective (RPO) and the Recovery Time Objective (RTO) are met in testing to include actual failovers to ensure readiness in the event of an actual declaration.
• Guide and provide work direction as the subject matter expert as it pertains to Disaster Recovery.
• Coordinate and execute approved adjustments and changes that increase performance and availability.
• Manage all related vendor support contracts and assigned vendor resources in the areas pertaining to IT Disaster Recovery.
• Ongoing review of Disaster Recovery scope services and support to align with budget planning.
• Assess technical risk and provide timely mitigation and remediation plans. Evaluate new technology and tools and build business cases for their use.
• Participate in cross functional reviews and identify high risk areas pertaining to Disaster Recovery scope.
• Contribute to and maintain system standards including Change Management.
• Research and recommend possible automated approaches for Disaster Recovery tasks.
• Analyzes and measures the effectiveness of existing business processes and develops sustainable, repeatable and quantifiable business process improvements
• Facilitate risk/threat vulnerability studies and impact assessments. Identify opportunities for improvement and lead deep dives on key initiatives through program and project reviews.
• Work closely with Crisis Management team members to continually mature and improve the response to disruptive events
• Identify, analyze and align business recovery requirements with IT recovery capabilities to ensure plans are sound and gaps are identified and communicated
• Create strategic roadmaps for the SVB Disaster Recovery Program
• Works with the IT Security department using expert knowledge and understanding of current enterprise Disaster Recovery planning strategies and technologies as well as current methods used in performing risk analysis and business impact.
• Performs other functions as assigned Qualifications
Qualifications : Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Should be a self-starter with a strong interest in technology and the ability to deal with a fast paced environment and ambiguity.
• Has experience with DRaaS
• Expert knowledge and practical application of IT Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity technology.
• Has a strong understanding of technical troubleshooting methodology.
• Ability to facilitate problem solving among administrative groups with varying needs and priorities, and to communicate well with administrative users, technical staff, and senior management.
• Has excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication and presentation skills across organizational boundaries.
• Has the ability to work with a range of technical staff to develop joint solutions in project and ongoing support situations.
• Ability to achieve efficiencies through workflow improvement.
• Ability to positively accept feedback and use it to improve individual performance and productivity
• Ability to find creative solutions to difficult challenges
• Ability to retain information on a large number of varying and detailed processes and procedures that tend to change frequently.
• Ability to communicate technology into business terms with customers at all levels.
• Ability to function effectively under pressure as well as manage multiple initiatives.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload.
• Ability to perform well in a team environment, with staff at all levels, to achieve business goals.
• Ability to work proficiently with Microsoft Word, and Excel.
• Working knowledge of Banking and Security rules.
• Ability to work weekends and overnight hours as needed.
Work Conditions and Physical Demands:
• A small amount of travel may be required from time to time (less than 10%)
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field, or an equivalent combination of experience, education, and training. 5+ years of overall IT experience
• ITIL Foundations desired
• Certified Disaster Recovery Engineer desired
Minimum Related Work Experience:
• 5+ years of experience in a Disaster Recovery planning, administrative or managerial capacity with internal IT and functional staff as well as vendor assigned resources.
• Knowledge, skill, and ability to establish and maintain a company-wide disaster recovery awareness program and serve as the subject matter expert.
• Detailed knowledge of compliance practices, corporate policies, laws and regulations governing BCP/DRP