IT Change Manager
Make Next Happen Now. For more than 30 years, Silicon Valley Bank (SVB) has helped innovative companies and their investors move bold ideas forward, fast. SVB provides targeted financial services and expertise through its offices in innovation centers across the world. With commercial, international and private banking services, SVB helps address the unique needs of innovators.
The Change Manager is responsible for managing the operational activities of the change management process. This includes preparing for and facilitating the CAB meetings; approving changes; monitoring the change processâ€™ effectiveness and efficiency; and governing compliance to process policies and procedures. The role is an IT position supporting IT Service Delivery and rolling up into IT Enterprise Operations Management (ITEO).
The ideal candidate will work closely with cross-functional teams, influencing change and maintaining documentation to meet current, future and long-term needs in support of the Silicon Valley Banks stability and scalability efforts to support continued growth of the business. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- manages the day-to-day operations of the CHM process, ensuring effective coordination of activities to request, assess, approve, schedule and implement changes
- e nsures the timely production of required CHM operational and management reports
- approves Standard change models and Normal changes of risk/impact greater than â€Minorâ€, based on input from the CAB
- creates and maintains the CHM Policy, Plan, SOP and training material
- provides CHM process and tool training
- ensures CHM reports provide business value and are distributed to appropriate recipients
- prepares agenda for, convenes and chairs CAB meetings
- provides information about planned changes and projected service outages to impacted parties (forward schedule of change)
- participates in post-implementation reviews (PIRs) when required
- monitors compliance of CHM policies and procedures
- identifies and recommends process improvement opportunities, including improvements to the ServiceNow CHM module
- Ability to demonstrate change management professionalism, enthusiasm, and create a collaborative climate.
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas in both technical and non-technical terms to stakeholders and leadership.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Experience in incident and problem management, change management or disaster recovery.
- Extensive experience with customers and experience in creating and presenting using PowerPoint.
- Strong organizational skills.
- 5-7 years of experience in information systems operations environment.
- Excel or other reporting tools experience is also a plus.
- Experience implementing quality guidelines, standards and procedures.
- ServiceNow experience is a plus.
- Strong business acumen and operational experience.
- Strong understanding of IT environment, technologies in relation to business needs.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels within the organization.
- Bachelorâ€™s Degree in computer science or related field or 5-7 years equivalent experience related to this positionâ€™s primary roles and responsibilities.
- Formal training in one or more of the following; project management, ITIL, COBIT, Agile, Continuous Improvement, Lean, or Six Sigma.