ITIL Process Manager
Make Next Happen Now. For more than 30 years, Silicon Valley Bank (SVB) has helped innovative companies and their investors move bold ideas forward, fast. SVB provides targeted financial services and expertise through its offices in innovation centers across the world. With commercial, international and private banking services, SVB helps address the unique needs of innovators.
The Incident Management Process Manager is a direct report to the Team Lead - IT Operations with the primary responsibility for the daily oversight and monitoring of Managed Service Partners, input into annual financials, forecasting, reconciliation, and trending, cost savings, continual improvement of process, procedures, training, metrics and standards related to incident, change and problem management. In this context, you will support and assist with delivering the Incident Management global initiative across SVB platforms.
Reporting to the Team Lead - IT Operations, the core responsibilities of this role will include:
- Acts as focal point for process, communicate with clients, service providers, and management.
- Assists auditing of the process for compliance with documented procedures
- Be on call as needed for after hour rotations as required.
- Carries out the Process Manager responsibilities for the Incident Management process communicating new and changed policies
- Contributes the reduction of the overall number of incidents and downtime by initiating and driving process improvement efforts.
- Coordinates day-to-day execution of the process.
- Coordinates the MSPs accountable for operational execution for L1/L2 activities.
- Creates, analyzes and distributes process reports.
- Delivers against the business capabilities with speed and quality while fostering healthy inner and inter department relationships, both internal and external to IT.
- Develops and provide training as required for processes and procedures across IT and Business.
- Ensures completeness and integrity of information collected to conduct daily operations.
- Facilitates resolution of issues with items not complying with the process using ITIL framework.
- Identifies and implements changes to the process.
- Liaises with the Business, Technical Support Teams and Incident Management to help coordinate the resolution of incidents.
- Manages Major and P1 Incidents.
- Notifies the participants in the Incident Management process when standards and procedures are not being followed.
- Some regional travel (10%) and attendance at conferences or training as requested that may require travel will be a requirement of the role.
- Bachelor's degree in a related technical discipline (or equivalent professional experience and training)
- A minimum 5 years IT Operations Experience
A minimum 3 years' experience with Incident and Project Management
- Excel or other reporting tools experience is also a plus.
- Experience implementing quality guidelines, standards and procedures.
- Experience working within Support organizations, Incident Management, Service Management tools (i.e., ServiceNow) and SaaS products.
- Possess an in-depth knowledge and experience across key architecture layers, including business functionality, applications, infrastructure and environment operations.
- Strong problem solving, priority setting, facilitation, multi-tasking, analytical, and collaboration skills. Must be able to handle stressful situations and think critically when time is of the essence.
- Strong understanding of IT environment, technologies in relation to business needs.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels within the organization.