Financial Analyst, FP&A
As a Financial Analyst at Silicon Valley Bank, you will work for the bank of the innovation economy. You will have the opportunity to partner with business customers on driving strategic business direction that lead to long term, sustainable performance and enable innovative businesses to bring about the next big thing.
You will identify, escalate and mitigating key financial observations. You'll optimize business performance by managing key initiatives, reporting on financial performance and forecasting future financial results. You'll combine sophisticated analysis methods, accurate reporting and financial discipline to ensure the firm is capable of navigating a dynamic market environment, while enabling clients to build the companies of the future.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals with a passion for producing financial analyses to help drive strategic business decisions and the flexibility to work on many different types of projects.
- Financial reporting and analysis, including forecasting, variance analysis and regular financial reporting
- Business presentations: assist in development of presentations to communicate financial results to senior audiences, clearly articulate outcomes of analysis to leadership teams
- Coordinate and collect input data from Financial Analysts across organization, validate data integrity, summarize and convert data, run models, verify, analyze, and communicate output clearly and concisely
- Independently manage and prioritize workload
- Work in a team environment with varying responsibilities while working under the supervision of the team manager
- Attention to detail and ability to manage several diverse work streams at the same time
- 2-3 years of relevant financial analytics experience
- Basic understanding of financial statements, accounting procedures, internal and external reporting and variance analysis
- Strong work ethic, ability to work independently with limited management supervision
- Complete assigned responsibilities as a team with a friendly, service-oriented attitude
- Must show ability to communicate clearly and work effectively in a complex work environment, including the ability to interact well with a variety of groups (financial planning & analysis team, accounting, operations and business partners)
- Strong organization, written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Attention to detail in applying organization's accounting policies and procedures
- Preferred candidates will have experience in banking, venture capital and financial services.