Deputy Head of ERM
The Enterprise Risk Management Department (ERM) oversees the Corporate Risk Management programs and other key risk management activities including the following: Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) program, Risk Appetite Statement (RAS) Metrics analysis and reporting, Model Risk Management (MRM) program, risk awareness training, review of new products or services, as well as participation in key regulatory initiatives. ERM chairs or facilitates various management level risk committees including: ERMC, Model Risk Management Sub-Committee, OCRC - Operational Compliance Risk Committee. ERM also works closely with other Corporate risk and administrative functions such as Compliance, Legal, Security Office, Finance and Internal Audit. The Risk Committee (Board Committee) has oversight of the Company's risk management framework and policies including oversight of the ERM function and program. The Head of ERM and CRO provide regular updates and reports to the Risk Committee of the Board.
Working with the Head of ERM and Senior Management team, will provide leadership, innovation, governance, and management necessary to identify, evaluate, mitigate, and monitor the company's operational, reputation and strategic risk. Enhances, & develops scalable tools, practices, and policies to analyze, report and manage operational risks according to an enterprise risk management framework. Ensures the organization's risk management policies and strategies are in compliance with applicable regulations, rating agency standards, and strategic imperatives of the organization. Significant contributor to the establishment of the Enterprise Risk Management architecture for the firm. Oversees or monitors all operational risk management activities of the organization. Monitors and analyzes risks within the company's business units and reports on these risks to Executive Management. Chairs or provides key inputs into risk management committees that oversee the enterprise risk management process and ensures alignment with organizational objectives. Additionally, as one of the Centers of Service Delivery pillar, the Risk Management Service will help cross function programs identify potential risks & support implementation of enterprise level programs into the business.
Primary responsibility will be is to implement scalable solutions for changes in ERM programs, Compliance requirements (including BSA/AML).
- Collaborate with 2nd line and business owners to implement regulatory changes and 2nd line programs
- Ensure all changes are properly shared and cascaded into the business organization
- Program / Project Management experience
- Strong relationship building skills
- Strong communication skills
Governance and Oversight:
• Drive the effective communication, implementation and compliance with all Corporate risk management policies and guidelines.
• Assist in the development and/or implementation of risk management programs and related risk management initiatives
• Ensure risk management practices are consistent with regulatory expectations and industry best practices
• Participate / Chair various Risk Committees and other relevant corporate and/or business level risk oversight committees
Identification and Assessment:
• Actively participate in the due diligence and risk assessment processes and provide direction/guidance
• Develop an understanding of business strategy, critical success factors, risk profile and potential exposures
• Provide support to business units in the completion of Risk and Control Self Assessment
• Utilize available risk management tools to proactively monitor the control environment
• Manage significant ERM programs or processes including the RCSA program and Risk Appetite Metrics
• Provide reporting as needed ep abreast of new products, services, technologies and applications as well as their respective impact on the business unit's risk profile
Monitoring, Analysis, Reporting and Escalation:
• Assist business units in implementing effective risk management best practices including the development of effective risk reporting and other communication channels to ensure timely escalation of significant risk issues to Executive/Senior Business Unit Management, Enterprise Wide Risk Management and/or applicable risk management oversight committees
Education and Training:
• Conduct / participate in periodic risk management training for business unit personnel, provide ongoing guidance and direction in developing and implementing risk management plans and objectives and drive a risk aware culture throughout the organization .
• Serve as subject matter expert, providing ongoing direction and consultative advice to business unit with respect to risk management policies, guidelines and best practices. Qualifications
Skills and Requirements
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred
- 12-15+ years of relevant risk management experience
- Highly developed communications
- Team player
- Change agent
- Strategic and creative
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to motivate teams and drive performance
- Experience presenting to Executive Management or Board
- Decisive leader
- Comfortable challenging the status quo
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to simplify complex issues
- High energy and proven track record of accomplishments and results