- up to £25,000
- Wolverhampton, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- LGPS Central Limited
- 17 Feb 19
LGPS Central is looking for candidates seeking an opportunity to build a career in investment management to join our Investment Team in the position of Investment Trainee. Based in the Midlands (Wolverhampton or Matlock), the successful candidates will work under the supervision of Portfolio Managers and Investment Analysts to learn how to analyse and select investments, construct investment portfolios, and develop investment strategies. We offer Investment Trainees excellent prospects for professional development and learning, including financial support to gain relevant professional qualifications (IMA, CFA and equivalents), and career progression within the Investment Team.
· Participate in the training programme at LGPS Central rotating across asset classes to gain experience of different investment styles and strategies
· Training will also involve working with the Compliance, Risk, Operations and Finance teams
· Study for the IMC and CFA exams or equivalent exams expected.
· After 2 years on the training programme and having passed the relevant exams you can expect to become an Investment Analyst at LGPS Central
· Recommend investment ideas into the LGPS Central mandates using the asset class Investment process
· Learn to carry out analysis of risk, sectors, styles, due diligence and Responsible investment under the direction of the portfolio managers.
· Manage risk and compliance in accordance with the LGPS Central Risk and Compliance Framework
Support a culture of high performing, collaborative, research-based investing across LGPS Central
· Educated to degree level or have relevant financial experience
· Prepared to study for the IMC and then the CFA or an equivalent qualification.
· Demonstrate good judgement, numeracy and analytical skills.
· First class interpersonal and communication skills.
· High aptitude for systems/technology
· Flexibility in working across a variety of tasks
Degree level or equivalent
If you are interested in applying for this role, please forward your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com highlighting your key strengths and experience in relation to the job profile.