Based in the Midlands (Wolverhampton or Matlock). The successful candidates will work closely with our Portfolio Managers and the Investment Director, Private Equity to deliver high quality Private Equity Fund and Direct Investments. • We offer Investment Analysts excellent prospects for professional development supported by the Company, and career progression within the Investment Team
- Assist the Private Equity Team Portfolio Managers and Investment Director in meeting the investment targets of the LGPS Central Private Equity Fund.
- Assist in the integration and maintenance of the house view on Responsible Investment and the Risk and Compliance Framework into the investment process Portfolio Managers use within its Private Equity investments.
- Support the Portfolio Managers and the Investment Director to provide assurance that investments are managed within the parameters set in the Prospectus and the IMA, and Corporate policies.
- Be familiar with and follow the manager selection, appointment, monitoring, reporting, retender and transition framework (the Manager of Managers Process), in relation to supporting Portfolio Managers responsible for externally managed Private Equity Fund investments.
- Promote LGPS Central within the investment community and Partner Funds.
- Originate, Evaluate and recommend new investment ideas to the Portfolio Managers and the Investment Director.
- Assist the Portfolio Managers to implement the strategy and investment process of the Private Equity Fund.
- Carry out financial, legal, and commercial due diligence on target investments, at the request of the Portfolio Managers or the Investment Director.
- Embrace a culture of high performing, collaborative, research based and responsible investing across LGPS Central.
Skills, Knowledge, Experience, and Competence
- Experience of investment/financial analysis within Private Markets, especially Private Equity, preferably gained with an asset manager or other financial institution.
- Demonstrated skill in originating, analysing and recommending investments, documenting the rationale for making investments and monitoring them once selected.
- IMC gained and working towards CFA qualification or similar/ or relevant investment experience would be a plus.
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and gravitas.
- Excellent judgement and analytical skills.
- First class interpersonal, collaborative and communication skills.
- Relevant degree and/or professional qualification
If you are interested in the role, please forward your CV and cover letter highlighting your key strengths and experience in relation to the job profile to firstname.lastname@example.org