LGPS Central Limited looking to hire a HR Assistant, supporting the HR team and our wider investment staff. The successful candidate will work very closely with the Head of HR and HR Manager on a number of specific HR initiatives and projects in addition to general HR duties as stated in the job description. This role will be suited to an individual who is looking to work in HR as a first step and studying for the CIPD. They need to be a self- starter and have a good level of IT proficiency.
- Work with HR to dedvelop the tools and templates required for staff and managers
- Provide meaningful insight and updates on the establishment
- Support the HR absence/leave- recording, monitoring
- Responsible for updating and maintaining the HR site on SharePoint and the LGPSC website
- Updating HR files with records/documents.
- Administering and organising recruitment activity including liaising with external candidates, arranging interview panels
- Management of the Recruitment Mailbox.
- Coordinating the LGPSC Graduate Programme and assessment centres, including liaising with candidates and third parties as appropriate.
- Assisting with implementation of engagement strategies following the annual Engagement Survey(s)
- Drafting employment contracts and new starter documentation.
- Ownership of the third-party pre-employment checks and managing the Vero system.
- Preparation of Induction packs for new starters.
- Administrative support in HR cyclical activity; salary reviews, PDR process, Fitness and Propriety Assessments.
- Preparation of minutes and letters as appropriate in formal ER related meetings.
- Provision of first line HR advice on LGPSC related policies.
- Supporting the HR Manager in the implementation of the LGPSC Training Plan.
- Support with ongoing D&I initiatives as outlined in LGPSC D&I calendar.
- Build, develop and maintain effective working relationships internal and external
- Suportting the HR Manager and Head of HR with of any other duties within the scope and spirit of the role as directed by the Head of HR
- Support the update of policies and best practice research
- Maintain the Health and Safety representatives register
- Work with Finance to ensure Payroll reports are monitored – identifying changes and starts/leavers
- Responsible for administration of payroll changes to external Payroll provider.
- Responsible for updating the Company structure for reporting purposes
- Other duties in relation to HR administration
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Updating records and files
- Preparing recruitment files and induction plans
- Coordination of Graduate Recruitment
- Supporting transactional HR activities including payroll
- Notes and minutes for ER cases
- Updating organisation structures and establishment
- Addressing first line queries
- Specific projects and research in HR
Delegated Authority Levels: N/A
Reports to: Head of HR/HR Manager
Relationships Internal and external:
- Executive Directors/ Board/NEDS/Heads/managers/ staff
Need to do
- Deliver improvement in HR processes and systems
- Update HR tools and templates
- governance/establishment update
- support engagement activities, working with stakeholders to implement and embed key initiatives.
- Develop internal / external network in order to keep abreast with changes and developments across HR -CPD
- Effective administration support to the front desk and visitor meetings
- Any other duties within the scope and spirit of the role as directed by the Head of HR
Need to know
- Basic HR experience within a Financial Services environment.
- Record of support within HR environment
- Well-developed advisory skills, including building personal credibility and professionalism
- Strong attention to detail skills.
- Ability to prioritise multiple tasks.
- Ability to demonstrate high confidentiality and discretion.
- Ability to work successfully across HR operational issues
- Knowledge positive performance culture, talent and resourcing
- With energy, drive and a positive can-do attitude
- Self-starter with ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to draw out and deal with challenges
- Ability and confidence to draw out and effectively manage conflict/challenge
- Broad understanding of HR trends and knowledge
- Experience of supporting delivery HR indicatives
- Excellent and proven organisational skills
CIPD qualified or working towards membership
Values and Behaviours
- Achievement drive
- Building relationships
- Continuous improvement
- Stakeholder focus
- Developing self
- Interpersonal & influencing skills
- Team working
- We are a great place to work
- We are Client Focus ed
- We are Inclusive
- We are Ambitious
- Open, fair and transparent, acting with integrity.
- Doing the right thing.
- Honest and trustworthy
- Empowered in making right decisions
- Collegiate and Collaborative.
- Valuing and treating everyone equally.
- Listening to individual ideas to support growth.
- Constructively challenging the status quo. Accountability for results and delivery
- Friendly, honest and supportive.
About LGPS Central Limited
LGPS Central Limited is a fund management company, regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), managing the pooled assets of nine Midlands-based local government pension funds.
With combined assets of approximately £45bn, and representing the retirement savings of approximately 1 million scheme members across over 2000 employers.
LGPS Central Limited is owned equally by the pension funds and is dedicated to the management of local government pension assets. The aim of the Company is to use the combined buying power of its Partner Funds to reduce costs, improve investment returns and widen the range of available asset classes for investment – all for the benefit of local government pensioners, employees and employers. We are also committed to fully integrating Responsible Investment and Engagement into all our investment processes.
LGPS Central Limited provides an exciting, supportive and family-friendly working environment, and we are committed to helping our people achieve their full potential and a healthy work-life balance. We are an inclusive employer and offer equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual’s age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.