Compliance Officer - Investments and Settlements
- £34538 - £39177
- Wolverhampton, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- West Midlands Pension Fund
- 22 Sep 17
An exciting opportunity has arisen to appoint a Compliance Officer within the Fund’s Governance team With over 300,000 members and 600 participating employers across the West Midlands, the £15 billion Fund is creating a new role to oversee the FCA and lead on the compliance oversight of the transition of assets to LGPS Central from a compliance monitoring aspect (with projected assets under management of £40 billion) from April 2018.
The post holder is expected to be educated to degree level and to have good knowledge and experience of working in a FCA regulated environment.
The position includes responsibility for:-
• Providing assurance to the Fund on the management of its investments in line with its investment strategy through an appropriate investment monitoring program
• To create, monitor and report on a structured investment compliance monitoring program to comply with the FCA standard reporting able to identify and assess implications for the Fund.
• To lead on the compliance oversight of the transition of assets to LGPS Central from a compliance monitoring aspect.
• To oversee and lead on the compliance oversight of the management of Index Futures and currency hedging
• To be responsible for the co-ordination of risk analysis across the investment service.
• To collate and prepare reports for the Director and Senior Managers on the Funds performance targets and level of compliance with the set key member services functions and operations administration.
In return we offer excellent development opportunities, plus a range of benefits that include a career average pension scheme.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To manage the technical and administrative support to assist in the facilitation of risk management activities including:-
• Compilation and analysis of risk and return reports
• Liquidity analysis
• External manager exposure
To lead the management of the funds compliance function to ensure:-
• Quarterly monitoring occurs and outcomes are reported and implemented.
• investment risk management and reporting
• Reports are produced and discussed with senior managers, focusing on an audit of decisions.
• Liaison with internal and external counterparties
• Related party disclosures are undertaken.
To manage the Funds external counterparty monitoring programme, taking part in and providing administrative and technical support with:-
• Reporting of findings and actions to Senior Management.
• Maintaining successful working relationships with external counterparties.
To be responsible for the co-ordination of risk analysis across the investment service.
To provide technical and administrative information in the production of committee reports for Pensions Committee on factors affecting the risk profile of the fund’s investments and the transition of assets.
To attend and report on internal and external meetings as required.
Ensure that comprehensive records are maintained in an effective manner.
To prepare and co-ordinate reports and information for the Fund including Annual Assurance Statements.
To manage the maintenance and testing of a programme of internal control checking in order to provide compliance reporting for the Fund.
To collate and prepare reports for the Director and Senior Managers on the Funds performance targets and level of compliance with the set key member services functions and operations administration.
To contribute, where required, to health checks on admitted bodies particularly with respect to financial matters.
To undertake suitable training and development, both specialist/technical and to further improve interpersonal/management skills, in accordance with training and development strategies which may be implemented from time to time.
To comply with the provisions of all Data Protection and Computer Misuse Legislation, Computer software Copyright Legislation and the Council’s Computer Security Statement.
To comply with the Council’s and Service Group’s Equal Opportunities, Health and Safety, and other relevant policies.
To undertake any other duties and responsibilities, commensurate with the grading and general scope of the post, that may be allocated from time to time.