We are recruiting for an experienced frontier markets specialist to join our frontier and emerging markets investment team and to become our internal expert on all frontier market matters. The role will play an integral role in the development of our frontier investment strategies and the individual will be part of the team leading the origination, structure and execution of our strategies.
Record Currency Management
Record Currency Management is an established, independent currency manager, managing approximately £56.6 billion (as at 31 December 2020) in client currency exposures. Our clients are largely institutions, including pension funds, charities, foundations, endowments, and family offices. Record’s services include bespoke currency hedging, currency for return and additional currency solutions and consulting services.
- Providing trade ideas, working within agreed parameters but with discretion on tenor and trade size where the opportunity exists, and carrying out the execution of these trades
- Managing and developing relationships with counterparty banks
- Be the internal expert for each frontier market, including understanding the key players and drivers in each market and currency price levels
- Member of the frontier / emerging markets product specialist group, which decides our frontier and EM investment strategies
- Modelling and structuring of investment ideas
- Internal expert on all financial instruments in frontier currencies, including FX spot/forward, NDF and cross-currency swaps
- Potential to attend client meetings as appropriate
- Experience of working with frontier currencies
- Good fundamental understanding of, and interest in, frontier markets
- Strong modelling and structuring skills
- Self-starter and able to carry out independent research and evaluation
- Resourceful and positive approach to problem solving
- Excellent communication skills, both with external and internal parties