At Royal London we want to attract the best talent to help us achieve our vision of becoming the most trusted and recommend financial company in the UK. We are the largest mutual life, pensions and Investment Company in the UK, with Group funds under management of £118.9 billion and latest ProfitShare pay out to members of £142 million. Group businesses provide around 9.0 million policies and employ 3,976 people (figures as of 05 Feb 2019).
To achieve our vision of becoming the most trusted and recommended financial company in our chosen markets, we need to have a shared understanding not only of where we're going and why, but how we're going to get there. This is where our culture and values come in. Royal London’s business units are clearly positioned within their markets and our goal is to provide innovative solutions that match the needs of customers and distribution partners at a great price.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Newly Qualified Actuary to join our Capital Modelling Development team in Wilmslow. This is a great role that will offer a great opportunity to work in an interesting and developmental space.
What will you be doing
- Support the design, build, testing, delivery and documentation of the capital model
- Help to deliver the functional & regression testing required for each of the planned model change deliveries
- Creation of test approach documentation and test completion reports, through to approval/sign-off
- Making and implementing other smaller changes to improve the accuracy and usability of the model and/or reduce risk
What we’re looking for
- Newly or part-qualified actuary
- Strong skills in engaging with multiple stakeholders
- Experience of capital modelling
Skills that will help you in the role
- Experience with R software is highly beneficial
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
What we offer
- We've always been proud to reward employees by offering a number of benefits
- such as Pensions and Protection, Performance and role-related benefits, Lifestyle and Wellbeing
- Our culture comes from within, or to put it another way, it comes from our people. It’s what makes Royal London a great place to work.
- Our People Promise is something we live up to every day. We know we can rely on you, and you can expect plenty from us in return.
- Glassdoor have ranked as among the best places to work and this year we entered the top 10
We are an equal opportunities employer. We work hard to attract the best talent for our award-winning team. We believe that embracing difference makes us stronger. Our diverse people bring us different skills – whatever their educational background, disability, gender, age, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
In fact, the first pillar of our People Promise is designed to make sure you 'work somewhere inclusive'. We want to live up to this promise; it’s good for our people and good for our customers too, because our workforce should reflect our communities.