FINANCIAL SERVICES RECRUITMENT
LONDON | NEW YORK
Regulatory Advisory Manager
I have the pleasure of working with a specialist lending and retail savings group who is looking to recruit a Regulatory Advisory Manager who has Gravitas to build on its very knowledgeable team, this position has come around out of necessity due to the success of the developing business. Based in Watford
I have the pleasure of working with a specialist lending and retail savings group who is looking to recruit a Regulatory Advisory Manager who has Gravitas to build on its very knowledgeable team, this position has come around out of necessity due to the success of the developing business.
This role is based in Watford.
Due to the ever-increasing pace of regulatory change impacting the financial services environment the key purpose of this role is to work as part of the Regulatory Advisory Team and with colleagues across the business to work, on the day to day aspects of regulatory change impacting the firm and in the particulars of the SM&CR.
To be considered for this very desirable role where you will assist the Regulatory Advisory Team to be more flexible in its response capability within the UK, and will work with colleagues where required to contribute to the continued effectiveness of the Compliance Target Operating Model.
The role will also contribute to the achievement of the Group's business goals in what continues to be, a rapidly changing regulatory environment and to promote a robust and effective compliance culture within the Bank.
N.B. In this respect, the Regulatory Advisory function should advise the management body on rules, regulations and associated standards which the firm (and other firms in its group) needs to meet, and assess the possible impact of any changes in the regulatory environment on the firm's activities. It should also help ensure that that new products and new procedures comply with the current environment and any known forthcoming changes to regulations and supervisory requirements.
* Provide the business (and key regulatory compliance projects / programmes) with support and advice in relation to specialist technical interpretation relating to regulatory rules, guidelines and other associated regulatory themes.
* Provide and communicate a group-view on key compliance advisory policy matters with the aim of developing and / or ensuring consistent policy standards continue to be applied throughout the group.
* Assist with ensuring that the Compliance Regulatory Advisory procedures remain accurate and up to date.
* Assist the Senior Regulatory Advisory Manager in performing day to day activity in respect to the Senior Managers and Certification Regime.
* Assist the Senior Regulatory Advisory Manager to review and interpret regulatory developments relating to the SM&CR and ensuring that the policies and procedures remain fit for purpose.
* Feed updates in respect to the relevant regulatory developments to the monthly Risk Management Committee (RMC) report where required.
* Contribute to the Group Compliance Function's identification, assessment, reporting and review of regulatory matters facing the business.
* Help in ensuring the timely identification and clear / concise communication to the business of regulatory change and its implications (including liaison with Learning & Development in providing specialist technical help in designing relevant training artefacts).
* Ensure that the group and its subsidiaries / business units are provided with requisite assistance for specialist technical regulatory advice and wider FCA-related compliance issues.
* Promote excellent technical advisory standards to all in the organisation and lead through demonstrable performance.
* Maintain the company's compliance standards and own compliance training.
* Minimum of 3 years working in a regulatory compliance role within the financial services industry is essential.
* Minimum of 12 months previous experience undertaking a role involving the identification and interpretation of changing regulatory requirements and providing associated advice is essential.
* Minimum of 12 months previous experience in a compliance advisory role which relates specifically to mortgage activity and/or savings activity is essential.
* Minimum of 1 years working knowledge of the Senior Managers and Certification Regime is desirable.
* Proven experience in liaising with senior internal stakeholders in respect to either regulatory change or advice.
* Knowledge of the FCA handbooks and their application in practice is essential.
* Robust knowledge and understanding of the regulatory environment affecting the financial services industry is essential.
* Knowledge of regulations relating to mortgage lending (MCOB) or retail banking (BCOBs) is essential.
* Experience in policy maintenance is desirable.
* Knowledge of the Senior Managers and Certification Regime (both PRA and FCA) is desirable.
* Basic knowledge of PRA Handbook and prudential regulation is desirable.
* Basic understanding of project management principles and practice is desirable.
- GBP45000 - GBP50000 per annum
- Watford, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Charles Levick
- 12 Dec 17