Audit Assistant Manager - National Markets, Watford
- Competitive salary plus negotiable bonus and benefits
- Watford, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 23 Apr 19
KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges. With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
- Planning and project managing all aspects of audits.
- Leading teams on the ground, reporting directly to the manager on a day to day basis.
- Budgeting and monitoring the financial performance of projects, focusing on optimising profitability Demonstrating practical knowledge of UK GAAP, IFRS, and IAS.
- Experience of US GAAP would be an advantage although not essential.
- Identifying, researching and helping to resolve complex audit issues.
- Supervising and coaching junior members of staff to help them realise their full potential.
- Building relationships with the client staff and acting as an ambassador for the firm.
- Keeping up to date with KPMG's product and service offerings and identifying the sales opportunities that will help us grow our business
- Reporting to audit managers and partners on all salient points arising from audits.
- Identifies and pursues business opportunities.
- Takes personal responsibility and accountability for own work.
- Sustains a high level of drive, shows enthusiasm and a positive attitude when coping with pressure at work. Continuously learns from experiences.
- Seeks out feedback and development opportunities.
- Gives clear directions, positive and constructive feedback
- Coaches less experienced staff. Analyses problems, identifies core issues, investigates, evaluates and integrates information.
- Builds the reputation of KPMG through the quality of work, knowledge and experience
- Monitors and upholds high quality of service and products to clients (internal and external).
Qualifications and Skills
- Recently qualified ACA or equivalent qualification (including SAICA, CPA or equivalent)
- We will also consider candidates who are exam qualified and nearing full qualification / membership.
- Strong IT literacy, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Good working knowledge of IFRS
- Must have recent relevant external audit experience from a top 10 accountancy firm
- Must have mixed sector Audit experience including some large corporates