- Tonbridge, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Fidelity International
- 14 Feb 19
You would be responsible for the specific functions performed within the Legal Operations team on behalf of Retail Operations, including oversight and control of activities.
UK Customer Operations is responsible for a broad range of operational processes on behalf of the European Retail business. The team controls a series of vital operational functions including the scanning of client documentation, automated and manual dealing, pricing of our onshore, offshore and platform fund ranges, transfers, re-registration, client account management, retirement and the payment of commission to our introducers.
About UK Legal Operations
UK Legal Operations is responsible for the registration of all legal documents received in relation to retail clients i.e. Death Certificates, Grant of Probates, Power of Attorney/Court of Protection/Bankruptcy, Court Orders and Name changes. Generation of confirmation of NIGO letters. Provide forms/information and guidance throughout the legal process. Preparing accounts and providing ISC Dealing and New Accounts with appropriate information for the redemption/transfer and reinvestment of deceased holdings. Resolve any queries relating to unclear instructions via telephone and letter. Resolve Internal queries via hotline/mailbox and Xtrac Workflow.
Purpose of your role
To be responsible for the specific functions performed within the Legal Operations team on behalf of Retail Operations, including oversight and control of activities. The role covers a wide range of responsibilities including exposure to resource management, process improvement, customer project representation, regulatory change and oversight. Where appropriate, this will include responsibility for the training, quality and oversight of the individuals performing the related processes.
The successful candidate has to possess strong technical ability in respect of Business Operations within Funds Administration industry, excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to adapt to fast pace changing circumstances in order to ensure a smooth efficient operation. Accuracy and a methodical approach are essential.
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Previous experience within a Financial Services environment, ideally within Investment Management
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Organised with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent IT skills with particular emphasis on Excel
- Excellent English language skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong, pro-active team player with confident and positive approach.
- Ability to deliver and handle complex issues to full resolution.
- Excellent organisational skills, ability to prioritise and manage several tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic and able to identify process improvements
- Drive projects and business initiatives and champion their successful launch and implementation.
- Participate in business testing and represent the team in various projects through to implementation.
- Identify improvements and raise system change requests.