Principle Software Engineer
Principle Software Engineer, R12165 - Tetbury - Project Portfolio Viewer
IHS Markit Product Development and Delivery - The area of IHS Markit responsible for the ongoing software development of commercial products. Drawing on a global network of software development experts this exciting area is rapidly expanding to meet the needs of our complex and sophisticated product line. Summary
To join a growing team working on a market leading financial modelling product. Roles and Responsibilities
Required Qualifications & Experience
- Work as part of an agile development team to design and build code to support the product management process.
- Collaborate with product manager and internal product experts to implement specialist modelling processes and UI.
- Contribute ideas to the teams ongoing improvement process
- Understand, or lean, cloud infrastructure to support builds, deployments and operation.
- Continuously expand knowledge in area of specialisation
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor's in computer science, related field or equivalent experience
- 5 years or more professional experience of software development and database design
- Thorough understanding of one or more high level programming languages
- Thorough knowledge of technologies including Scala or Haskell, Docker, SQL Server, AWS, Web APIs
- Strong analytical and problems solving skills
- Must be able to work effectively as part of a development team and foster team cooperation
- Able to share knowledge with the team
- Stays current with rapidly changing technology and applies it to business needs
- Familiarity with agile development methodology.
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace. In addition, in the United States, we perform pre-employment drug testing and are required as a federal contractor to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.