Lorien Global are recruiting on behalf of their Financial Services client based in Telford to recruit an experienced Investment Operations Manager (Policyholder Assets) on a permanent basis.
You will be responsible for all policyholder oversight related to unit pricing operations which monitors the accounting treatments of these assets by HSS, the trading performed by operations as well as the Unit pricing system. You will own the oversight of external fund administrator and custodian services to provide accurate financial records on behalf of the business and Policyholders . Ensure accuracy of services in line with agreed tolerances and benchmark against agreed KPIS working with Actuarial, Asset Management and group reporting. Providing first line defence to prevent/remediate material pricing errors.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Management of both accounting and actuarial staff in delivering policyholder accounting and pricing oversight
- You will manage, lead and influence effective relationships with key internal and external contacts and be seen as a subject matter expert and key business stakeholder
- You will be key point of contact for key external and internal business partners.
- Management of resource to ensure all departmental deliverables are defined and delivered accurately and of requisite quality in line with customer timetables.
- You will undertake thematic reviews of risk events, identifying root cause and potential control framework gaps and reporting this to relevant government bodies.
- You will be responsible for driving and embedding a culture of financial and commercial challenge within the team
- Challenge the accuracy, integrity and quality of the assets, liabilities and P&L data being reported.
- You will ensure adequate oversight controls are performed over unit pricing to insure the accuracy of policyholder prices
- You will collaborate with external fund accountants to resolve potential/real time pricing issues and cascade to appropriate stakeholders.
- Own the validation of all related third party invoicing ie fund manager, HSS, Custody etc
- You will oversee the HSS cash/Stock reconciliations and report to relevant stakeholders to insure correct financial reporting
- Understand and manage the Risk and Control framework that the business operates, applying finance knowledge to ensure departmental risks are evaluated, measured and mitigated
- You will train and develop staff
- Improve team effectiveness through gap analysis, coordinating delivery of objectives, challenging as appropriate and inspiring the team to deliver continuous improvement.
- Deputise for management for operational tasks.
- You will proactively drive continuous end to end improvement of the Reassure model in the department
- Define and operationally improve the financial processes, models and systems (e.g. general ledger, forecasting tool and group submission tool).
Key skills/experience required:
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- People & Stakeholder management
- Adaptable and change orientated
- Pragmatic decision making
- Delegation and influence
- Conflict management & Interactive Communication skills
- Knowledge of asset types and transactions/Unit pricing processes
- Technical knowledge is asset accounting
- You will have experience in Investment related environment
- You will have experience of managing a team & supervising in an Operations environment
In return, you will receive an attractive benefits package for all permanent and fixed term employees, including 27 days' holiday + bank holidays, contributory pension scheme, Private Medical Insurance plus a range of flexible benefits for you to choose from.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age