Team leader - Client Services - Retirement Solutions team
- Salary: Negotiable
- Location: Tadworth, England, United Kingdom
- Job Type: Full time
- Company: Fidelity International
Client Services is split across the UK and India and plays a large part in first line customer care. The role of the department is to provide support and information to intermediaries and clients; to assist in resolving any queries and issues; and to actively promote Fidelity's products and services. Our role is to meet all of our customers' needs in whatever way they choose to contact Fidelity: over the phone, electronically and in writing.
There are three main accountabilities required to be successful as a team manager in client services.
- Drive a 'Customer First' culture ensuring high quality standards are met at all times
- Carry out side by side and remote call monitoring on a monthly basis to achieve average Gold call quality
- Develop and maintain the team's reputation for going the extra mile
- Responsible for staff acquisition and retention
- Responsible for personal development planning, ongoing coaching and development of individuals
- Pro-actively manage underperformers
- Conduct appraisals and have constructive input into pay reviews and bonus awards for staff
- Build the ability within the team to recognise and follow up on potential sales or service leads
- Maintain excellent staff engagement and morale
- Effectively communicate to the team through a variety of methods including team meetings; 1:1 meetings; daily updates to ensure that all team members are aware of individual performance, team performance and products and procedures
- Enhance and build an effective working relationship with all key stakeholders and interfacing departments
- Develop and maintain knowledge of all systems, processes and procedures relating to the department
- Monitor error feedback from complaints and the business / Quality MI areas, ensuring pro-active steps are taken to reduce errors on a quarter by quarter basis, and complete error reports
- Maintain and follow internal control standards, including the timely implementation of internal and external audit points
- The team leader is required to spend some time on the phones taking calls where volumes dictate
- Handle escalated customer issues, escalating further where necessary and briefing management
- Drive daily achievement of service level and monitor abandonment rate and max delay
- Monitor team performance against KPI's and organisational values, escalating underperformance to Management and HR when necessary
- Drive forward ideas for improvements to environment, service, procedures and relationship with others. Help to enhance the proposition within FundsNetwork
- Drive, measure and report key performance statistics to Management including; team performance, trends, escalated cases and risk issues
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Deep understanding of advisers and their service needs
- Pension knowledge desirable
- Leadership - past experience in a supervisory capacity, ability to build relationships with your team quickly
- Experience of working on a Phones Team. The team leader will need to be prepared and willing to take calls (usually more complex calls) on our full range of products.
- Experience of maintaining relationships with internal and external clients
- Experience of planning and giving training.
- Customer Service background essential. Ability to lead by example in terms of call quality.
- Committed to improving customer service to grow the business
- Ability to work under pressure and to take initiative to escalate issues as appropriate
- Proactive team player who is able to take the initiative, anticipate difficult situations and find practical solutions to issues as they arise
- Completed IAQ exams, or working toward passing all 3 exams within two years to meet the regulatory requirements
- Completed relevant exams, or working toward passing these exams, your continued employment is dependent upon completing exams within timeframes indicated to you by your manager. The Markets in Financial Instruments Directive requires you to pass an exam within six months of your start date. The company will provide the relevant support to assist in the achievement of the qualification and you can view the syllabus using the following link https://www.cisi.org/cisiweb2/cisi-website/study-with-us/operations/ioc