Senior Analyst Reconciliations - 12 Months FTC
- Salary: Negotiable
- Location: Tadworth, England, United Kingdom
- Job Type: Full time
- Company: Fidelity International
The jobholder would assist with the supervision of the production reconciliations of a group of funds and a variety of additional tasks which will include using Excel spreadsheets, receiving and acting upon various email instructions and liaising by telephone and in person with the Custodian banks and other departments such as Corporate Actions, Trade Settlements etc. There are a variety of oversight and control tasks to be performed on a daily/weekly or monthly basis.
Global Business Services is responsible for processing corporate actions, pricing securities, settling trades and maintaining static data for all FIL funds outside of Japan; and fund accounting and reconciliation of all pooled funds in the UK and Luxembourg. The department processes 180 corporate actions a month, prices 10,500 securities and settles 3,500 trades a day. In addition, the department calculates the Net Asset Values for funds worth in excess of $180 billion every day. Reconciliation Services and Fund Accounting is based within multiple sites across the globe.
Purpose of your role
Reconciliation Services department is responsible for management and control of exceptions arising from the cash and securities reconciliations. In addition to transaction processing and analysis and resolution of exceptions, the emphasis is on the production and analysis of various exception reports. Very much a team environment which is fast paced and deadline driven, with a number of additional tasks ranging from the production of monthly client reports to weekly and monthly MIS. The jobholder would assist with the supervision of the production reconciliations of a group of funds and a variety of additional tasks which will include using Excel spreadsheets, receiving and acting upon various email instructions and liaising by telephone and in person with the Custodian banks and other departments such as Corporate Actions, Trade Settlements etc. There are a variety of oversight and control tasks to be performed on a daily/weekly or monthly basis.
- To ensure the teams daily checklists are completed and all control activities are actioned.
- To ensure any resource issues are escalated to team management as a priority.
- To aid in the resolution of all operational and project related exception issues
- To support change and project initiatives when required
- To support the development and training of team members between locations, India and UK
- To assist with resolving complex issues and queries
- To support the exception/stakeholder management process
- Monitor team mailbox and resolve or provide support to team members in resolution of issues arising
- Manage allocation of and training for team daily/weekly/monthly tasks
- Perform weekly securities reconciliations with Custodians for Fidelity's funds and assist in supervision of other team members
- Oversee and participate in identification, analysis and resolution of exceptions in a timely manner
- Oversee and participate in liaison with stakeholders and counterparties both verbally and by other means to resolve exceptions
- Compile and reconcile monthly client specific reports relating to positions, accruals, payables, receivables and net assets and support wider team
- Perform ad-hoc securities reconciliations for transitions and other fund specific activities including team oversight
- Perform the weekly reconciliation of positions between FIL internal systems including team oversight
- Generate management and control reports and perform analysis of same including team oversight
- Assist team in performing general administrative tasks
- Oversee and participate in the collation of weekly reporting and statistical information
- Assist in the reconciliation of cash funds or cash tasks where necessary
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Attention to detail and ability to identify issues of potential risk
- Organisational capabilities - able to remain focused on own targets while supporting others in achieving theirs
- Able to perform daily volume processing
- Strong analytical skills with an enquiring mind. Good interpersonal skills including effective verbal and written communications. Excellent attention to detail.
- Previous experience in a similar job role in Financial Services
- Educated to A Level standard
- Team player with flexible attitude and willingness to encourage cross communication amongst colleagues
- Ability to effectively prioritise work in a multiple task environment with critical, inflexible deadlines
Key Competencies for the role
- Communicate with impact: Effectiveness & Clarity
- Delivers results: Takes ownership for delivery, Accuracy
- Planning and Organisation: Prioritisation & time management
- Problem Analysis
- Team Working
- Good MS experience with emphasis on Excel.
- Prior experience in reconciliations and exception management within financial sector
- Proven ability to communicate and work with all levels of personnel
- Self-starter / motivator
- Dynamic "can do" approach with a strong desire to make things happen
- Flexible attitude
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Previous experience of working within Reconciliation Services is an advantage
- Good understanding of Invest One and Fiserv products