Retirement and Benefits Process Trainer
- Salary: Negotiable
- Location: Tadworth, England, United Kingdom
- Job Type: Full time
- Company: Fidelity International
You will work alongside another Process Trainer within the Retirements & Benefits function, with whom you will share responsibility of process ownership for all tasks that the area performs. You will be expected to acquire a detailed knowledge of the customer journeys, their supporting documentation, for maintaining and updating respective procedures, and the provision of relevant training.
Workplace Investing (WI) Operations supports and maintains pension administration services for a wide range of corporate clients. The nature of the service provided includes full support to pension scheme members at all stages of the administration life cycle through to specialist support to trustees and members for specific task delivery.
The Retirements & Benefits function is a UK based element of WI Operations. They are responsible for processing retirements, death & divorce claims, responding to information requests from Independent Financial Advisors (IFA's), and producing retirement projections for IFA's and members. The function is critical to providing uncompromising customer service at key parts of a member's journey.
Purpose of Your Role
You will work alongside another Process Trainer within the Retirements & Benefits function, with whom you will share responsibility of process ownership for all tasks that the area performs. You will be expected to acquire a detailed knowledge of the customer journeys, their supporting documentation, for maintaining and updating respective procedures, and the provision of relevant training. You will be expected to develop and maintain a high level of personal understanding of the systems and processes, and the regulations that drive the process requirements. In doing so you will work as part of the functional leadership team, enabling both run the business and change the business activities, critical to keeping the team current and proficient in a dynamic and challenging environment.
- Ownership of functional process documents, supporting a regular review and accurate version control
- Provide 1st line support for technical queries from your team
- Provide training on technical concepts and processes to the team, resulting in a reduction in the volume of queries and increased results from knowledge testing over the long-term
- Removing blockers to enable team members to process their work efficiently and providing consultancy on complex or escalated cases - critical to this is having an ability to making balanced and logical decisions
- Identification of risks and issues, and closure of respective gaps
- From the above, carrying out thematic review of training requirements, and working with the Operations Technical Team, Training, and Independent Quality functions to manage gaps
- To support the manager of the function in implementing strategic change to deliver risk reduction, efficiency and enhanced customer experience
- Be knowledgeable of wider business and legislative developments in order to keep your team apprised, and to be able to update procedures and customer documentation accordingly
- To be a thought leader - devising ideas for change, and encouraging better ways of working
- Working in a collaborative and inclusive manner to represent your team to stake-holding teams and senior management
Experience and Mind-Set
You will be a self-starting individual, confident in communication through a variety of mediums, and with excellent understanding of pension administration and legislation.
- Expertise in pension administration
- Self-starter - demonstrates good use of initiative, time management, and willingness to go the extra mile
- Flexible and adaptable, responding rapidly to changing agendas. Able to re-prioritise and organise effectively
- Communicator - verbal, written and visual, with effective strategies to engage a medium sized team of specialist staff
- Interpersonal skills, enabling identification requirement to vary engagement based on the audience and the ability to influence
- Decision maker - problem solving and solution orientated
- Accuracy and attention to detail in all aspects of delivery, with capability to identify and mitigate risks
- The ability to question internal processes and encourage improvement
- Numerate and computer literate - Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Training experience, one-to-one or to a small / medium sized group
- FA2 / other pension qualifications