Working closely with the Senior Employee Relations Specialist and the rest of the HR Project Working Group and HR Business Partners, you will provide ER specialist support to the Suburban Sites Location Strategy project involving the relocation of employees from the Oakhill to Kingswood sites.
Purpose of your role
The primary objective of the role is to provide HR support to the project working closely with Employee Representatives, Line Managers and other HR Business Partners to ensure that individuals are equipped to deal with people matters arising from the site relocation appropriately. The role will focus on developing and delivering briefings to a number of groups involved in the project; working with the HR Shared Services team and HR Project Administrator to ensure the production of materials runs efficiently; participate on the individual consultations; deal with queries and issues arising out of the individual consultations.
Engagement and Communication
- Develop a briefing pack/session for Employee Representatives to explain their role through the individual consultation process; recommend the most appropriate method for delivery and roll out as agreed. Provide support to the Employee Representatives on an ongoing basis dealing with their queries and escalating issues and concerns when required. Ensure that all Q&As and related communications are made available to the Employee Representatives in order for them to provide effective support to employees during the project.
- Develop a briefing pack/session for Line Managers to support them through the individual consultation phase of the project. The purpose of these briefings will be to help managers understand their role in exploring New Ways of Working, encouraging team members to trial different work patterns, encourage team members to spend time in KWF before the move etc. in order to maximise the number of employees who move with their roles from OH to KWF. The sessions will also include information about the processes and procedures relating to the individual consultations so that Line Managers feel equipped and informed to hold individual consultation meetings with their teams. The successful candidate will work with colleagues in the Talent Development team to identify the most appropriate method for rolling out these briefings/skills training such as face to face sessions; webinar, via Cornerstone etc; and be the key person to deliver these briefings to the Line Managers.
- Develop and deliver a briefing pack/session for HRBPs to go through the processes, make them feel confident with the scenarios they may face, understand the documents Line Managers and Employees will receive etc. Meet with the HRBPs on a regular basis to collate and deal with questions and queries, escalating issues where appropriate. Ensure that all Q&As and related communications are made available to the HRBPs in order for them to provide effective support to employees and Line Managers during the project.
- Take part in the individual consultations supporting HRBP colleagues with large client populations to ensure that all Line Managers and employees get access to HRBP help and advice. Where appropriate coach managers to have honest and open conversations; explore New Ways of Working; encourage employees to trial different approaches to working from another location; with a focus on constructive and transparent communication between employees and Line Managers.
- Work with the contacts in the Technology team and the HR Project Administrator to update the SharePoint site which provides information to employees and managers on all HR related processes and procedures. This may require archiving old data, reviewing existing content, writing new content and restructuring the current site layout in preparation for the individual consultation phase of the project. The Project Administrator will work with you to ensure the SharePoint site is kept updated and relevant for the duration of the project.
- Work with the HR Shared Services team and the HR Project Administrator to ensure that all the correct documentation - such as meeting scripts, invitation emails, follow up letters etc - are prepared for the individual consultation meetings.
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Proven experience in navigating and building strong relationships and credibility at all levels across a variety of functions with managers, employees and HRBPs.
- The ability to inspire confidence in others at all levels of the organisation based on integrity, objectivity and fairness is key.
- Proven ability to develop communication solutions for briefing/training individuals across the business, and the delivery of those solutions either using traditional training methods or leveraging technology to deliver, is essential.
- Naturally curious with a drive to look externally into the market and understand the latest thinking within the human capital management arena, specifically when dealing with large scale site relocations.
- Demonstrable experience of working on the full range of HR issues, including employee relations is essential. Involvement in projects resulting in the moving of large numbers of employees from one site to another, or a site closure would be a significant advantage.
- A can-do attitude, experience of working on own initiative within a changing and high-pressured environment; commitment to high standards of excellence, demonstrating a drive to succeed in a changing environment.
We are committed to being an inclusive and diverse company to work for and strive to create a culture where flexible working is encouraged so that we retain and attract the best talent by offering working patterns that suit both individual and business needs.