DC Implementation Manager (Technical)
- Salary: Negotiable
- Location: Tadworth, England, United Kingdom
- Job Type: Full time
- Company: Fidelity International
DC Technical Manager would cover all aspect of DC schemes and would coordinate with the appropriate Fidelity departments to ensure services are delivered to the client in an agreed and timely manner e.g. legal, communications, administration and presentations. The person would identify any operational issues as they arise and make recommendations to Clients / Fidelity Management for any required changes.
The primary purpose of the DC Implementation team is to ensure that new Fidelity DC Pension Plans e.g. Mastertrust clients, offshore schemes, Group Personal Pension Plans & Section 32's are established to agreed timescales and also project manage ongoing corporate actions. The team ensures that implementations & corporate action projects meet Fidelity quality, efficiency and product definitions.
Purpose of your role
The Role covers all aspects of establishing DC Schemes with Fidelity, from initial review and analysis of the DC product sold, undertaking a due diligence meeting with the client, data set up, to receipt of monthly contributions, transition of existing assets to Fidelity and issuing of new joiner letters / member statements.
The DC Implementation Manager is responsible for all Fidelity services being delivered to the client during the implementation and will co-ordinate with the appropriate Fidelity departments to ensure services are delivered to the client in an agreed and timely manner e.g. legal, communications, administration and presentations.
They will identify any operational issues as they arise and make recommendations to Clients / Fidelity Management for any required changes. They will also be pro-active in determining any other needs or concerns of the client and Operations department and act on them accordingly.
During the Implementation or Corporate Action phase the DC Implementation Manager will:
- Establish and maintain a project file including a project plan
- Ensure client deliverables, and where appropriate, acceptances are achieved
- Liaise with all Fidelity DC departments and others when required
- Provide reports to senior management as required
- Support and peer review other teams work as required
- Develop, monitor and update a project plan throughout the implementation and corporate action process.
- Assist client in understanding the project delivery process and Fidelity procedures.
- Interface with client and/or internal associates to solve problems and resolve outstanding issues relating to plan administration or any of Fidelity's products and services.
- Consult with direct reporting Manager or appropriate parties on issues requiring additional attention or decision-making.
- Establish and follow detailed on-going procedures for the administration of the plan with all impacted areas (Client Management, Financial Operations, Administration, Phone Team, Communications etc.)
- Communicate scheme design features to all impacted Fidelity areas.
- Interact with the appropriate members of Admin and Financial Operations to ensure that all-proper controls are established.
- Co-ordinate receipt of client conversion data from prior administrator.
- Co-ordinate the reconciliation of all scheme assets with prior administrators' member balances.
- Effectively manage the client by communicating in a timely fashion any issues that could impact the conversion schedule or result in a change of procedures.
- Work with clients' system group to clarify data requirements: provide appropriate data, format specifications and other information as required.
- Initiate and participate in the process improvement initiative (new procedures and documenting procedures.)
- Provide management, sales, client management and admin with timely, concise status reports, as well as meeting notes for all client visits.
- Work with Systems to identify, analyse, sponsor, and install any needed systems enhancements.
- Understand the market and its needs by keeping up with industry trends and developments in the market through regular client contact, trade press, and industry conferences.
- Understand the full array of Fidelity products and services, specifically, but not restricted to the institutional arena. Examples would be services related to all aspects of the defined contribution pension schemes and Fidelity funds offered to such schemes.
- Provide input in the decision making process to senior management when required.
- Help in the sales process for new prospects and client calls, as appropriate.
- Demonstrate strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
- To focus on any new key objectives that may be given by senior management.
Experience and Knowledge
- Project Management of complex and risk orientated activities within Financials Services or relatable roles.
- Experience in Defined Contributions, Final salary or retirements desirable.
- Microsoft Project and other Project Management tools an advantage
- Self-starter, keen to take on responsibility and new projects
- Tenacious with a can-do client focused attitude.
- Skilled communicator who can convey complexities in an easy to understand way across various levels of the organisation and external stakeholders.
- Ability to anticipate potential problems, plan for such events and problem solve.
- Attention to detail
- Due to the nature of the position, the role would suit someone who is able to manage their own time and a workload that can be heavy at times. This position may also require travel at short notice