Corporate Actions Associate
The Brokerage Corporate Actions & Dividends Team are responsible for identifying, tracking, processing and reporting any Corporate Action events and Dividends, which effect any security position held by clients of Fidelity's Retail Investment Platform. The range of assets supported on the Investment Platform expose the team to the full spectrum of corporate action types across the major world's stock markets.
The team are in daily contact with market suppliers and information vendors researching, analysing and verifying corporate action information. The team is responsible for notifying clients, with details of voluntary corporate actions, collecting all responses and instructing our market suppliers with our clients' wishes. There is also a strong emphasis on liaison with the many areas within Brokerage Operations and the Brokerage Specialist Team in Client Services; working collaboratively to resolve mutual issues
The team is responsible for processing all corporate action and dividend entitlements to the individual client accounts on an accurate and timely basis. The team works to tight deadlines to ensure all actions are processed in line with client expectations and market cut off points. The team operates in a fast developing and dynamic environment, where technology has and is being developed to automate current workflow processes.
Purpose of your role
This role is an Administrator Role and the role holder will be part of a team that process all work items applicable to the Fidelity asset universe. Assist with the definition of the Corporate Actions support model and be part of the team processing events, including validating entries in the Books and Records system, providing support, guidance and direction to the junior and senior team members.
- Supporting the development of placings and IPO's across the business
- Testing Corporate Action scenarios on the Investment Platform
- Drafting of departmental procedures and ongoing ownership of those procedures
- Undertake daily operational tasks in accordance with defined procedures
- Checking accuracy of any corporate action and dividend input to the Accounting system ensuring this is completed timely and accurately
- Initiation and monitoring of notifications to Clients including Advisers, where applicable, and subsequent Instructions to our Market Broker/Custodian
- Monitoring status of corporate actions events during their life cycle
- Resolution of queries arising from corporate actions and escalating where necessary
- Maintaining relationships and communication between corporate actions and stakeholders, both internal and external
- Helping to resolve Custody reconciliation breaks resulting from corporate actions or dividend activity, both cash and stock, ensuring timely and accurate resolution
- Participation in key departmental projects
- Providing formal feedback on Market Broker/Custodian Performance.
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Global corporate actions experience in a brokerage environment
- Willingness to undertake Industry Qualifications - IOC
- Knowledge of the following asset classes; Equity/Fixed Income/ETF/Investment Trusts.
- Computer literate with strong Excel, Word and Outlook skills
- Self-starter with a dynamic "can do" attitude with a strong desire to make things happen
- Strong attention to detail and be able to work effectively during pressure periods prioritising multiple tasks
- Effective communicator at all level
- Good team worker sharing knowledge effectively and showing a flexible work approach
- Experience of participating in projects and procedural enhancements
- Ability to "think on your feet" and develop innovative and effective solutions to problems
- Problem Analysis
- Initiating and adapting to change: Process improvements
- Stakeholder/Customer Management
- Work experience within an Investment Management environment is desirable