Senior Statutory Accountant - Swindon
Where you'll fit in & what our team goals are....
The Columbia Threadneedle Investments asset management group is the global brand under which legal entities are registered world-wide. In this role you will lead in the preparation and review of the annual Statutory Accounts and provide technical accounting assistance to the Columbia Threadneedle Investments (EMEA and APAC) Finance Controllership function in relation to business changes and developments. Responsibilities How you'll spend your time....
Required Qualifications To be successful in this role you will have....
- Preparation and review of annual statutory Financial Statements for the EMEA and APAC entities (approx 60 entities) against tight reporting deadlines under IFRS, new UK GAAP (this includes consolidated group accounts, insurance companies, trusts, general partnerships and charitable foundations) and other overseas GAAP for certain locations.
- Preparation and/or review of technical accounting papers as and when required, through gaining a detailed understanding of the business change/development, research of the relevant accounting guidance and discussion of implications with various stakeholders - legal, tax etc
- Preparation/Review of Statutory Financial Statements related Board papers that explain the key points that the Boards need to be aware of before they give their approval.
- As and when required, to present Financial Statements and other Controllership produced papers, such as Dividend proposals, confidently to the relevant Boards for approval.
- Develop a knowledge of the key business operations and the regulatory frameworks impacting the various entities in the EMEA and APAC group.
- Provide advice and assistance to other areas of the Controllership team and the wider Ameriprise business on technical matters including interpretation and practical requirements of relevant accounting standards or regulatory rules.
- Represent the EMEA and Asia Finance function on ledger design / projects that require technical knowledge and input.
- Identification of process enhancements or risk mitigation proposals to discuss with team management prior to managing implementation.
Preferred Qualifications If you also had this, it would be great...
- The successful candidate will ideally be ACA qualified, however ACCA qualified candidates will be considered.
- In addition to a sound understanding of IFRS and UK GAAP, a working knowledge of US GAAP would be helpful in discussions with parent company Finance department.
- Good Excel/Word reporting skills.
- Has a flexible attitude to work and can work well in a multi-tasking environment;
- Well organised and can work to deadlines under pressure;
- Exposure to Peoplesoft Financials and Workday Financials beneficial but not critical.