Senior Fund Accountant - Swindon Based
Where you'll fit in & what our team goals are....
Columbia Threadneedle Investments is seeking to recruit a Senior Fund Accountant into its well- established Real Estate and Infrastructure Operations Team. The role will include responsibility for the production of monthly management accounts and management information, along with financial statements, VAT and Tax reporting. Responsibilities How you'll spend your time....
Responsible to: Client Accounting Manager, Real Estate and Infrastructure Operations
Required Qualifications To be successful in this role you will have....
- To prepare/review monthly Management Accounts including the analysis and reconciliation of Balance Sheet and Income Statement General Ledger items and completing Net Asset Value computations for communication to investors.
- To produce monthly Management Information, including Liquidity Forecasts.
- Coordination and control of quarterly client communications ensuring completion within specified timescales.
- To complete the computation, general ledger reconciliation and on-line submission of quarterly VAT Returns and payment of sums payable to HMRC.
- To aid in the preparation of annual statutory Financial Statements, including supporting documents/workings. To liaise with internal and external auditors to ensure audits are planned and executed accordingly and financial statements are distributed to interested parties in accordance with required timescales.
- To ensure continuous implementation and strict application of accounting standards and operational control.
- To aid in preparation of quarterly regulatory reporting to the FCA, quarterly investor bulletin to investors, quarterly board packs for directors and annual tax reporting to HMRC.
- Any other duties that are deemed necessary that may occur from time to time.
Preferred Qualifications If you also had this, it would be great....
- Management Accounting experience
- Clear and concise communicator with experience of working with colleagues at all levels
- Solid financial accounting skills, including ability to analyse and interpret variances
- Self-starter, deadline driven and can work on own initiative
- Client Focus driven with proven experience
- Qualified Accountant - ACCA, CIMA or ACA
- Experience in a Financial Services environment
- Fund Accounting/Property Fund Accounting experience