Senior Financial Accountant
- Sep 13, 2021
- £60k - £65k
Morgan McKinley is supporting a highly regarded Swindon based client, to recruit a Senior Financial Accountant into an exciting new role. Senior Financial Accountant Swindon - close to main travel links/parking on site Hybrid/Flex Working £60-£65k + Bonus + Bens The opportunity
In this Senior Financial Accountant position, you'll be responsible for co-ordinating and meeting the financial reporting obligations. You will be responsible for managing the financial accounting team, delegating work, overseeing the delivery of work and coaching/ mentoring where needed.
You'll take a key role in the development and deployment of appropriate best-in-class process and controls within Financial Reporting, as well as the on-going development and maintenance of the Finance Function Manual. Ensuring the team achieve its operational objectives and ensuring that it delivers a high quality and cost-effective service to all stakeholders. Your responsibilities will include:
- Lead the month end reporting process and subsequent analysis
- Lead preparation of regulatory reporting and completion of returns for sign-off
- Lead preparation of tax reporting on behalf of Senior External Reporting Accountant- quarterly VAT returns, quarterly Corporation Tax estimates & annual Corporation Tax computations
- Manage c. 2/3 direct reports
- Develop and maintain strong and effective processes and controls driving continuous improvement across Financial Reporting & Control
- Support the ongoing development of the Finance Function Manual
- Maintain integrity & accuracy of balance sheet - preparation and review of monthly reconciliations
- Prepare MI for debt committee & complaints provisioning group
- Support preparation of MI packs for reporting to the board
- Work with Head of Financial Reporting & Control to ensure that the control framework is adhered to
- Create and maintain successful relationships with internal and external suppliers and customers
- Respond to ad-hoc queries relating to financial or regulatory reporting
- Qualified Accountant (ideally ACA/ACCA, preferably large audit firm or Blue Chip) with +5 years PQE
- Practice trained with strong experience of working in a financial reporting accounting role for mid-large organisation
- Experience of Financial Services is desirable but not essential
- Experience of HMRC & FCA reporting
- Experience of Microsoft Dynamics GP advantageous
- Excellent people (team and stakeholder) management
- Knowledge of Financial Services legislation and regulation
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Strong knowledge and experience of process review and controls development and Finance Function Manual
- Awareness of market and financial risk
- Understanding of accounting in a business environment
The business are a dynamic, fast paced, and growing business with huge ambition. They are investing heavily in employees, continuously striving to give them the platform to develop personally and professionally and reach their full potential.
On top of offering a modern workplace with bags of development opportunities, they also offer a highly attractive benefits package to reward you for your hard work. This includes a competitive base salary, an industry-leading annual bonus, enhanced pension, critical illness cover, income protection and a range of other flexible benefits.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative. BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.