Senior External Reporting Accountant
- Sep 13, 2021
- £65k - £70k
Fantastic opportunity for an ambitious, technically strong finance professional to join an outstanding business based in Swindon. The opportunity
As the Senior External Reporting Accountant, you'll be responsible for delivering the statutory reporting. It plays a key role in the development and deployment of appropriate best-in-class year-end and consolidation process and controls within Financial Reporting.
To act as a member of the Finance team, helping it to achieve its operational objectives and ensuring that it delivers a high quality and cost-effective service to all stakeholders. Your responsibilities will include:
What will you need to succeed?
- Responsibility for leading the planning and preparation of Group and subsidiary statutory and regulatory reporting.
- Responsible for leading on interim audit and supporting Head of Financial Reporting & Control with pre-year end papers to the Audit Committee
- Lead tax reporting - quarterly VAT returns, quarterly Corporation Tax estimates & annual Corporation Tax computations prepared by Senior Financial Accountant.
- Lead and influence the interests of Finance through collaboration and engagement across the business.
- Challenge and lead the development of the Financial Reporting Control Framework (FRCF) within external reporting.
- Provide continuous development of external reporting disclosures in light of changing external reporting environment.
- Work closely with Head of Financial Reporting & Control and external auditors to ensure compliance with accounting policy on all relevant basis.
- Drive enhancements to the structure and content of external reporting documents strengthening the clarity of messaging.
- Drive efficiency and continuous improvement in external reporting.
- Ensure adherence to deadlines and attainment of standards across Financial Reporting areas of responsibility in the delivery of external reporting.
- Day-to-day management of any team members as required.
- Qualified Accountant (ideally ACA/ACCA) with 5+ years PQE
- You'll be practice trained with strong experience of working in a financial reporting accounting role for mid-large organisations
- Strong financial/regulatory reporting and technical accounting skills
- Experience of Financial Services Is desirable but not essential
- Experience of HMRC & FCA reporting
- Experience of Microsoft Dynamics GP advantageous
- People Management experience
- Accurate and timely external financial reporting - Group and subsidiary statutory accounts, HMRC reporting/filing deadlines met; Annual audit completed in line with Audit Committee and Board deadlines.
- Clean External and Internal Audit reports
The business are a dynamic, fast paced, and growing business with huge ambition. They are investing heavily in employees, continuously striving to give them the platform to develop personally and professionally and reach their full potential.
On top of offering a modern workplace with bags of development opportunities, they also offer a highly attractive benefits package to reward you for your hard work. This includes a competitive base salary, an industry-leading annual bonus, enhanced pension, critical illness cover, income protection and a range of other flexible benefits.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative. BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.