Investment Accounting Analyst
Where you'll fit in & what our team goals are....
This role is part of the global Investment Accounting function located in the US, UK and India. In this role you will perform daily accounting activities relating to the Investment Book of Record so as to enable accurate accounting, client reporting and tracking of investment performance on an assigned set of portfolios. You will be accountable to the Manager of Investment Accounting based in the UK and will be responsible for the daily and periodic processes for the Columbia Threadneedle Investments (CTI) UK funds. You will also be required to collaborate with accounting, reconciliation and operational counterparts based in India, the UK and the US. Responsibilities How you'll spend your time....
• Perform daily control report reviews, valuation analysis, day-to-day operational accounting activities, and problem resolution of assigned portfolios & Quality Control Exceptions (QC's) in the Aladdin accounting system.
• Ensure all identified issues are thoroughly researched and escalated/communicated timely to all impacted parties.
• Perform NAV (Net Asset Value) Reconciliation on a weekly basis across a number of funds, comparing CTI NAV's to 3rd party NAV's & understanding & clearing relevant reconciliation breaks.
• Assist with ad-hoc queries from internal business partners and/or external clients, including Front Office, Client Reporting, Middle Office, Third Party Administrators, Investment Operations etc.
• Where notified by internal and external business partners/clients, process if required, transactions in the Aladdin Accounting system including cash flows, trade activity, income, foreign transaction, derivatives or other transactions in accordance with established procedures and policies.
• Cross train and provide back up in the UK & possibly US & India Accounting teams.
• Complete retention of records, work and other information, following established procedures and policies.
• Assist with implementation of new client portfolios or re-engineering initiatives based on set requirements and the agreed change control processes.
• Provide information and answer questions for audits and risk assessments i.e. from external and internal audit and risk functions. Required Qualifications To be successful in this role you will have....
• Strong and relevant accounting experience
• Solid understanding of portfolio accounting and investment operations activities
• Analytical skills, with strong attention to detail
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to take initiative and remain a team player
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Act proactively and think creatively.
• Ability to work independently following established procedures.
• Proficiency in MS Office, specifically Excel Preferred Qualifications If you also had this, it would be great....
• Knowledge of systems environment and infrastructure, specifically Aladdin and ancillary accounting applications used.
• Preferably educated to degree standard
• Preferably prior experience of working from home and working in an office environment
• Ability to collaborate with cross functional teams and work across time zones with colleagues in other operational locations.
• Ability to juggle and co-ordinate a number of priorities at any one time