Financial Reporting Manager
Where you'll fit in & what our team goals are....
The Columbia Threadneedle Investments asset management group is the global brand under which legal entities are registered world-wide. In this role you will lead in the review of the annual Statutory Accounts, Regulatory and Statistical Reporting in addition to managing the preparation of Financial Board Packs. You will also aid in providing technical accounting assistance to the Columbia Threadneedle Investments (EMEA and APAC) Finance Controllership function in relation to business changes and developments. The role involves the day to day management of two individuals. Responsibilities How you'll spend your time....
Required Qualifications To be successful in this role you will have....
- Oversight and review of annual statutory Financial Statements for the EMEA and APAC entities (approx 60 entities in total of which you will manage a subsection) against tight reporting deadlines under IFRS, new UK GAAP (this includes consolidated group accounts, insurance companies, trusts, general partnerships and charitable foundations) and other overseas GAAP for certain locations.
- Direct responsibility for review of Technical account including the group consolidated accounts to ensure they are prepared accurately and include the relevant disclosures that need to be made.
- Manage the day to day relationship with the auditors to ensure the team are providing all back up required, questions are being fully answered to ultimately ensure that the Statutory reporting deadlines are all met.
- Review of Regulatory reporting submissions and Statistical reporting submissions for UK entities and certain overseas entities within the EMEA and APAC regions.
- Review of quarterly Financial Board packs.
- Preparation and/or review of technical accounting papers as and when required, through gaining a detailed understanding of the business change/development, research of the relevant accounting guidance and discussion of implications with various stakeholders - legal, tax etc
- Review of Statutory Financial Statements related Board papers that explain the key points that the Boards need to be aware of before they give their approval.
- Requirement to attend board meetings, committees and Key projects and to present Financial Statements and other Financial Report packs confidently to the relevant Boards/committees for noting and or approval.
- Develop a in depth knowledge of the key business operations and the regulatory frameworks impacting the various entities in the EMEA and APAC group in order to become a subject matter expert and able to advise the correct course of action to other areas of the business.
- Provide advice and assistance to other areas of the Controllership team and the wider Ameriprise business on technical matters including interpretation and practical requirements of relevant accounting standards or regulatory rules.
- Represent the EMEA and Asia Finance function on ledger design / projects that require technical knowledge and input.
- Identification of process enhancements or risk mitigation proposals to discuss with team management prior to managing implementation.
- To become a key member of the controllership senior management team and to lead the department as appropriate.
- Day to day management of two direct reports including regular appraisals and development planning.
Preferred Qualifications If you also had this, it would be great....
- The successful candidate will ideally be ACA qualified, however ACCA qualified candidates will be considered and have strong demonstrable skills gained over the years in PQE.
- In addition to a sound understanding of IFRS and UK GAAP, a working knowledge of US GAAP would be helpful in discussions with parent company Finance department.
- Good Excel/Word reporting skills.
- Self-starter with positive attitude;
- Has a flexible attitude to work and can work well in a multi-tasking environment;
- Exposure to Workday Financials beneficial but not critical