Director of Financial Planning and Insight
- £95,000 pa
- Swindon, England, United Kingdom Swindon England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- National Trust
- 18 Sep 18 2018-09-18
Everything we do and everywhere we care for costs money. As a charity completely independent of government, we rely on income from membership fees, donations and legacies, and revenues raised from our commercial operations. We generate millions of pounds from our thriving catering and retail outlets, our holiday cottages and renewable energy. And the fact that every penny of our profit goes back into our conservation work, makes having strong financial expertise here all the more important. We’re now looking for a Director of Financial Planning and Insight to develop and deliver financial plans to ensure that we’re making the most of every pound we earn and spend.
What it's like to work here
We provide the best possible working environment for you throughout the building whilst also promoting and fostering a sociable Heelis Community. Do great things for us and we’ll do great things for you and your career.
Heelis is the Central Office for the National Trust; it was named after one of the Trust’s biggest benefactors Mrs William Heelis, There are approximately 500 staff from across the Trust’s directorates, including the Executive team and the Director General, are based here.
Heelis was designed to be highly sustainable and has won a number of nationally recognised awards. Designed by Feilden Clegg Bradley Architects in 2005, this architectural gem uses timber from our woodlands and wool from Herdwick sheep grazed on Trust farmlands, to help make Heelis a unique working environment.
What you'll be doing
Join us as Director of Financial Planning and Insight and it’ll be down to you to lead planning processes and the delivery of financial insights across the Trust. Taking ownership of our financial model, you’ll produce plans that will ensure that the Trust remains financially sustainable and maximise the funds we can commit to frontline activities. As part of the Trust’s senior leadership, not only will you provide full senior-level strategic and operational direction to the financial services directorate, it’ll also be down to you to engage stakeholders across the organisation with financial information, making it easy and clear to understand for everyone. Establishing a position of trust within the Executive team, you’ll provide straight-forward solutions for strategic financial decisions. We’ll also look to you to lead a team of analysts and business partners, ensuring that they have all the training they need to produce the necessary financial insights that the Trust needs to successfully deliver our strategy. This is an incredibly unique opportunity to lead financial planning across our dynamic, incredibly diverse organisation, and head up our remarkably fast-paced finance department.
Who we're looking for
Along with your deep understanding of effective business partnering and proven experience of managing teams of analysts and business partners, you’ll also need:
- To be a clear and concise communicator, with excellent leadership skills and the ability to inspire others
- A deep understanding of effective MI solutions
- To be able to identify key issues and provide a simple translation of complex financial information to stakeholders at all levels
- To be capable of understanding many viewpoints across the Trust and able to tailor your approach to suit your audience, ensuring everyone is engaged with your plans
- A CCAB/CIMA accounting qualification, or extensive planning expertise.
Looking after you
- Health cash plan – from as little as £3.09 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our Retail and Food & Beverage outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking
Closing date: 14th September