Provide specialist support to the Investment Office team across all areas of their work which includes Strategic Asset Allocation of c£15bn of assets; external fund manager selection & ongoing monitoring of over £3bn of assets; the identification & sourcing of new asset classes and product management including the maintenance of key investment documentation.
- Conduct detailed research and produce conclusions for discussion with senior managers in the Investment Office on areas including: · Investment market behaviour to support the choice of assumptions for Strategic Asset Allocation and to feed into discussions on Dynamic Asset Allocation. · External manager strategies and performance to help monitor existing investments & identify potential new managers & strategies. · The risk characteristics and performance drivers of new asset classes. · Investment & economic trends that may influence future investment strategy.
- Design, develop, maintain and rigorously test models utilised for Strategic Asset Allocation, adhering to all relevant internal risk controls and modelling policies.
- Carry out modelling to support the Strategic Asset Allocation, this will include fully documenting the process, explaining & checking the results and pro-actively identifying areas for improvement either in the process or the models.
- Research and analyse detailed performance, risk and other relevant data in order to support the fund selection process for identifying new external investment managers and to contribute to the production of papers recommending new managers to Executive and Board Investment Committees.
- Research, analyse and evaluate the performance and portfolio positioning of existing external investment managers in order to contribute to the production of fund monitoring reports for use with the team and management information for reporting to both Executive and Board Investment Committees.
- Assist with the production of customer facing literature relating to investment matters, to include the production and checking of all content in order to ensure the documents are both clear and accurate.
- Support with the maintenance of key investment documents such as Investment mandates and resolve technical queries relating to these documents from both internal and external stakeholders.
- Resolve or recommend solutions for resolving operational issues that arise with either the external fund managers, other third parties or the wider Investment Function.
- Deliver short term / one-off projects and activities as required by and to the standards and outcomes agreed with Line Manager.