At M&G our vision is: to become the best loved and most successful savings and investment business
and we're looking for people who are excited about joining us on our journey. We're digitally transforming and investing heavily in technology and innovation to develop new and improved customer propositions that really raise the bar for our customers. To help us achieve our vision we're looking for exceptional people who live our values and behaviours and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
We know that an inclusive environment makes us more accessible and ensures we attract, engage, promote and retain exceptional people. We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity/nationality, disability, or military service and welcome those who have taken career breaks. We will consider flexible working arrangements or home working arrangements for any of our roles. What you can expect from us:
We are committed to creating an environment where you can be exceptional at all you do. To help us deliver this, we promise to:
How do we support our employees:
- Challenge Your Limits by creating a stimulating working environment and providing opportunities for you to be involved in meaningful and challenging work
- Support Your Aspirations with a commitment to learning and development that helps you achieve and build your experience with people who want you to succeed
- Value Your Input whereby leaders and managers will involve you in key decisions, listen to your thoughts and recognise the important contribution you make
- Balance Your Life through a work life partnership that focuses on making this an inclusive, diverse and friendly place to work and offers the flexibility and support that enables everyone to be at their best
All M&G plc employees will be supported in the workplace through our M&G Employee Assistance Programme (EAP). If you need counselling, confidential financial or legal advice. The service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and offers access to qualified professionals who can provide specialist information, advice and support on many issues. It offers a broad range of services, including help with family issues, maintaining work/life balance and mental health support. Purpose
An opportunity exists for the appointment of a Statutory Accountant within the Statutory reporting team for a maternity cover, reporting to the Finance Manager - Statutory.
The team is responsible for the M&G Group reporting and the reporting to the parent entity for their half yearly external reporting to the market. This is a 18 month maternity cover opportunity which will begin working remotely and can then have a blended work pattern between home and our offices in Edinburgh, Stirling or London. Key Work Level Accountabilities: Experienced Colleague:
- Accountable for providing a quality service or product to customers and stakeholders, using skills/experience built through significant practical experience or training
- For team leaders, accountable for ensuring the team the role supports is delivering a quality service or product
- Works within established frameworks and procedures, with the freedom to interpret them to solve a range of problems
- Delivers outputs that are clearly defined, using discretion over how to achieve them
- Makes suggestions for improvements to the work of the team, based on previous experience and knowledge of similar situations
Key Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Preparation of annual statutory accounts in line with accounting standards, encompassing any new accounting frameworks and/or standards for various entities within the M&G Group and liaise with external auditors.
- Understanding of statutory entity accounts at a detailed level to produce analytical review and reporting.
- Monthly/Quarterly reconciliations of the financial statements for various entities with analysis of movements whilst querying any issues.
- Monthly postings into accounting system (SUN) to form a complete set of accounts for accounting of the entity.
- To ensure month end reporting is completed in adequate time to produce returns to the regulator and perform quarterly reviews prior to the regulatory returns being completed.
- Ensuring adequate information is received from third parties to meet the disclosure requirements of the entities and the consolidation of the M&G Group results.
- Daily reporting of debtors position to Finance and Risk teams.
- Ad hoc departmental tasks including ISA tax reporting & reporting of OEIC debtors to members at Group level.
- Provide IFRS technical support
- Keep up to date with the latest accounting and business developments
- Ad hoc tasks and participation in ad hoc projects
Qualified accountant, preferably with experience in a financial reporting environment
Excellent knowledge of IFRS
Strong excel knowledge
Good planning and organisational skills
Excellent attention to detail
Good communication skills
Ability to build good relationships internally and externally
Able to use intuitive to solve problems
Ability to work to tight deadlines
Maintain own professional competence
Have strong technical ability
Work Level: Experienced Colleague
Recruiter Name: Daniel Tongo
We live by four behaviours at M&G and we ask all our employees to:
- Inspire Others - Support and encourage each other, creating an environment where everyone can contribute and succeed
- Embrace Change - Be open to change, willing to be challenged and able to adapt quickly and imaginatively to new ideas
- Deliver Results - Focus on outcomes, set high standards and deliver with energy and determination
- Keep it Simple - Cut through complexity and bureaucracy, be clear and decisive and never overcomplicate things