Part Qualified Actuary - Actuarial Valuations
At M&G our vision is: to become the best loved and most successful savings and investment business
and we're looking for people who are excited about joining us on our journey. We're digitally transforming and investing heavily in technology and innovation to develop new and improved customer propositions that really raise the bar for our customers. To help us achieve our vision we're looking for exceptional people who live our values and behaviours and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
We know that an inclusive environment makes us more accessible and ensures we attract, engage, promote and retain exceptional people. We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity/nationality, disability, or military service and welcome those who have taken career breaks. We will consider flexible working arrangements or home working arrangements for any of our roles. What you can expect from us:
We are committed to creating an environment where you can be exceptional at all you do. To help us deliver this, we promise to:
How do we support our employees:
- Challenge Your Limits by creating a stimulating working environment and providing opportunities for you to be involved in meaningful and challenging work
- Support Your Aspirations with a commitment to learning and development that helps you achieve and build your experience with people who want you to succeed
- Value Your Input whereby leaders and managers will involve you in key decisions, listen to your thoughts and recognise the important contribution you make
- Balance Your Life through a work life partnership that focuses on making this an inclusive, diverse and friendly place to work and offers the flexibility and support that enables everyone to be at their best
All M&G plc employees will be supported in the workplace through our M&G Employee Assistance Programme (EAP). If you need counselling, confidential financial or legal advice. The service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and offers access to qualified professionals who can provide specialist information, advice and support on many issues. It offers a broad range of services, including help with family issues, maintaining work/life balance and mental health support. Context for the Role:
Work Level Accountabilities:
- The Shareholder Actuarial Valuation Team focuses on the delivery of accurate and well explained shareholder results of the M&G Prudential business, and forms part of our Finance department.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Part Qualified Actuary to join this team.
In this role you will support the Shareholder Capital Reporting Actuary deliver accurate and well explained consolidated Solvency II valuation results including Solvency II Stress and Scenario Testing and Profit and Loss Attribution. A full study package will be included.
The role will begin working remotely and will then have a blended approach between working from home and then one of our offices in Stirling or Edinburgh. To be successful you will have experience of the following:
- Accountable for providing a quality service or product to customers and stakeholders, using skills/experience built through significant practical experience or training
- For team leaders, accountable for ensuring the team the role supports is delivering a quality service or product
- Works within established frameworks and procedures, with the freedom to interpret them to solve a range of problems
- Delivers outputs that are clearly defined, using discretion over how to achieve them
- Makes suggestions for improvements to the work of the team, based on previous experience and knowledge of similar situations
Experience, Skills & Knowledge:
- To support the Shareholder Capital Reporting Actuary in the production of the Group's Solvency II Shareholder Capital Requirement including Internal Model, Standard Formula and Economic Capital for all reporting periods.
- Produce well explained SCR and RM analysis of change at individual business line and also overall Group consolidated level.
- Communication of results with key stakeholders including Senior Leadership, Chief Actuary team and Internal Model Validation.
- Produce the Group's Solvency II Stress and Scenario Testing including those for Core Disclosures, the PRA Market sensitivities, the ORSA and also Group Risk Appetite.
- Support stress and scenario regulatory requirements from the regulator by interpreting them and delivering output to a high standard and in a timely manner.
- To maintain effective working relationships with other teams in Finance, Risk and Group Reporting.
- Other support to Finance reporting initiatives as required.
- Be a part qualified actuary.
- Have experience of Solvency II reporting requirements.
- Have knowledge of Stress and Scenario Testing.
- Have knowledge of insurance products and systems. Working knowledge of an Internal Capital Model would be beneficial.
- Have experience of the production and delivery of financial reporting in a life organisation.
- Be highly analytical and a skilled problem solver, with a strong commercial mind-set, and the ability to distil complex ideas or problems into simple, effective plans and solutions.
- Have an ability to communicate effectively and influence effectively with productive, successful relationships with demanding senior stakeholders.
Matt Campbell Location:
Edinburgh / Stirling Closing Date:
We live by four behaviours at M&G and we ask all our employees to:
- Inspire Others - Support and encourage each other, creating an environment where everyone can contribute and succeed
- Embrace Change - Be open to change, willing to be challenged and able to adapt quickly and imaginatively to new ideas
- Deliver Results - Focus on outcomes, set high standards and deliver with energy and determination
- Keep it Simple - Cut through complexity and bureaucracy, be clear and decisive and never overcomplicate things