Outcome Delivery Manager
At M&G our vision is: to become the best loved and most successful savings and investment business
and we're looking for people who are excited about joining us on our journey. We're digitally transforming and investing heavily in technology and innovation to develop new and improved customer propositions that really raise the bar for our customers. To help us achieve our vision we're looking for exceptional people who live our values and behaviours and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
We know that an inclusive environment makes us more accessible and ensures we attract, engage, promote and retain exceptional people. We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity/nationality, disability, or military service and welcome those who have taken career breaks. We will consider flexible working arrangements or home working arrangements for any of our roles. What you can expect from us:
We are committed to creating an environment where you can be exceptional at all you do. To help us deliver this, we promise to:
How do we support our employees:
- Challenge Your Limits by creating a stimulating working environment and providing opportunities for you to be involved in meaningful and challenging work
- Support Your Aspirations with a commitment to learning and development that helps you achieve and build your experience with people who want you to succeed
- Value Your Input whereby leaders and managers will involve you in key decisions, listen to your thoughts and recognise the important contribution you make
- Balance Your Life through a work life partnership that focuses on making this an inclusive, diverse and friendly place to work and offers the flexibility and support that enables everyone to be at their best
All M&G plc employees will be supported in the workplace through our M&G Employee Assistance Programme (EAP). If you need counselling, confidential financial or legal advice. The service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and offers access to qualified professionals who can provide specialist information, advice and support on many issues. It offers a broad range of services, including help with family issues, maintaining work/life balance and mental health support. The Role:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Outcome Delivery Manager, to join our Transformation and Innovation Team within Customer Savings and Investments.
The Customer Savings & Investments business (CS&I) have entered into a new partnership with a third party provider that will radically transform the provision of IT services to the CS&I business and customers with the vast majority of resources being owned and managed by the third party. There is a massive digital enablement ambition as part of the CS&I transformation putting self-service capabilities in the hands of its customers, advisors and trustees while providing the latest toolset to the operations when they deal with the customers. CS&I require Outcome Delivery Managers to support delivery of its transformation objectives. This will include programmes, product and propositional changes as well as regulatory commitments in a way that improves customer outcomes alongside embedding the compliance by design through these deliveries. Key Work Level Accountabilities: Manager or Expert:
Key Responsibilities for this role:
- For people managers, accountable for managing and motivating others to ensure quality of delivery to customers and stakeholders
- For technical specialists, accountable for delivering expert advice or service, using specialist knowledge and subject matter expertise
- Applies judgement to deliver outcomes, evaluating a range of potential solutions, considering the impact for customers, cost and risk
- Manages conflicts that may impact delivery
- Challenges upwards given knowledge of delivery and awareness of complex systems and the broader picture
- Identifies and anticipates need for changes to continuously improve quality and efficiency of output
- Manages resources and risks using expert judgment, know-how and experience
- To work collaboratively with colleagues and take personal accountability to maintain and enhance controls you are responsible for to support improvement of the overall control environment, customers outcomes and a reduction in M&G's operational risk.
Key Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Adopting a new mind-set in the way we work with the wider business to deliver change. It is essential that this role adopts the correct approach to delivering change through the new Partnership model with our third party partners.
- A key colleague in the CS&I business driving the delivery of transformation as we move to being a more adaptive digital business.
- Work in collaboration with the wider Transformation and Innovation team to deliver the technical and operational capabilities for the overall CS&I business.
- Responsible for the delivery of business outcomes for the Transformation & Innovation function, within agreed time and cost tolerances.
- To ensure that the customer is at the heart of our thinking and that we deliver the required outcomes.
- Ensuring that the correct commercial mind-set is applied to every issue, opportunity and solution. Through delivery this role must ensure we deliver the correct outcomes and track this against the associated cost estimates.
- Working in collaboration by building relationships which breakdown the old customer / supplier mind-set. Developing a "one team" environment between Prudential, Diligenta and our wider partners.
- The role will work in partnership with SMEs, product owners and senior sponsors to ensure a good level of understanding of transformation and customer journeys including areas for improvement and evolution.
- Understand and initiate the required deliverables to ensure successful delivery of business outcomes that enhance and evolve the defined customer journeys.
- Ensure risk and issues are managed proactively across multiple sets of internal and external stakeholders.
- Management of delivery teams and 3rd parties including accountability for the quality of the end deliverables.
- Significant experience of managing change delivery through 3rd parties
- Experience of managing multiple change deliveries, at least 6 months in length with £500k+ budgets and 5+ project staff
- Experience of resolving conflicts and obstacles within change deliveries
- Experience of delivering in complex, diverse, ambiguous and high value business outcomes
- Expert level knowledge of industry best practice, good network/links with external bodies and individuals on the same field
- Detailed knowledge of Financial Services products, systems and distribution methods
- Understanding of the Statements of Principle and Code of Practice
- Working knowledge of life and pensions products, markets and competitors
- Working knowledge of financial services regulatory and legislatory frameworks
- Relevant professional qualification (ie PRINCE2, MBA)
- Detailed knowledge of project constraints and complexity
- Detailed knowledge of risk management principles and their impacts on projects
- Detailed knowledge of project methodologies, planning processes and technique
Work Level: Manager
Recruiter Name: Atif Ahmad
Closing Date: Friday 9th April
We live by four behaviours at M&G and we ask all our employees to:
- Inspire Others - Support and encourage each other, creating an environment where everyone can contribute and succeed
- Embrace Change - Be open to change, willing to be challenged and able to adapt quickly and imaginatively to new ideas
- Deliver Results - Focus on outcomes, set high standards and deliver with energy and determination
- Keep it Simple - Cut through complexity and bureaucracy, be clear and decisive and never overcomplicate things