Framework, Reporting & Training Senior Risk Analyst - 12 Month FTC
At M&G our vision is: to become the best loved and most successful savings and investment business
and we're looking for people who are excited about joining us on our journey. We're digitally transforming and investing heavily in technology and innovation to develop new and improved customer propositions that really raise the bar for our customers. To help us achieve our vision we're looking for exceptional people who live our values and behaviours and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
We know that an inclusive environment makes us more accessible and ensures we attract, engage, promote and retain exceptional people. We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity/nationality, disability, or military service and welcome those who have taken career breaks. We will consider flexible working arrangements or home working arrangements for any of our roles. What you can expect from us:
We are committed to creating an environment where you can be exceptional at all you do. To help us deliver this, we promise to:
How do we support our employees:
- Challenge Your Limits by creating a stimulating working environment and providing opportunities for you to be involved in meaningful and challenging work
- Support Your Aspirations with a commitment to learning and development that helps you achieve and build your experience with people who want you to succeed
- Value Your Input whereby leaders and managers will involve you in key decisions, listen to your thoughts and recognise the important contribution you make
- Balance Your Life through a work life partnership that focuses on making this an inclusive, diverse and friendly place to work and offers the flexibility and support that enables everyone to be at their best
All M&G plc employees will be supported in the workplace through our M&G Employee Assistance Programme (EAP). If you need counselling, confidential financial or legal advice. The service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and offers access to qualified professionals who can provide specialist information, advice and support on many issues. It offers a broad range of services, including help with family issues, maintaining work/life balance and mental health support. Role Context:
The M&G plc Risk & Resilience function is responsible for effectively advising and challenging key stakeholders, challenging risks effectively and proactively, and adding value through providing enhanced business insights to ensure that risk is managed in line with the expectations of clients, shareholders and
regulators, and to support the delivery of customers' long term needs.
Operational Risk maintains the overall Operational Risk Framework, leads, coordinates and manages a range of risk management processes including overall risk reporting.
The Framework, Reporting & Training Senior Risk Analyst reports to the Framework, Reporting & Training Manager. The role sits in the Operational Risk function, and assists in the delivery and implementation and embedding of the operational risk framework and training to business areas and assisting on the reporting of the key components of the operational risk framework to executive and board risk and audit committees. The role works closely with both the oversight team in delivering the framework and training and enterprise risk management in reporting on Operational Risk matters. Work Level Accountabilities:
Key Responsibilities for this Role:
- Accountable for providing a quality service or product to customers and stakeholders, using skills/experience built through significant practical experience or training
- For team leaders, accountable for ensuring the team the role supports is delivering a quality service or product
- Works within established frameworks and procedures, with the freedom to interpret them to solve a range of problems
- Delivers outputs that are clearly defined, using discretion over how to achieve them
- Makes suggestions for improvements to the work of the team, based on previous experience and knowledge of similar situations
Key Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Ensure compliance to the people policies, Group Code of Conduct and embedding desired behaviours
- Be personally accountable for identifying, assessing, managing and reporting risks within your area of responsibility, including supporting formal risk management activities e.g. Risk & Control Self Assessments and timely closure of Assurance actions
- Assisting in the development, delivery and continuous improvement of regular and ad hoc operational risk reporting for stakeholders across M&G plc, including Business Committees, Business Divisions, Legal Entities and other key stakeholders.
- Assisting the development and delivery of regular and ad hoc operational risk reporting to Enterprise Risk Management, including Committee information and other requests for information
- Assisting the development, maintenance and continuous of enhancement of the M&G plc Operational Risk Framework including both policies, standards and training material.
- Assisting in coordinating the development and assisting the oversight team in the delivery of focused operational risk sessions and training to M&G plc risk professionals, senior management and the business.
- Working with key parties to support the development and ongoing maintenance of the firmwide Governance, Risk & Compliance (GRC) system.
- Assisting on responses to operational risk reporting requests from external parties, including the PRA and FCA.
- Continuously seeking to improve the operational risk analysis and reporting of risk information, responding to requests and feedback from key stakeholders as well as maintaining awareness of industry trends, best practice and regulatory developments.
- To review and interpret information relating to key operational risk data and produce summarised tailored information and analytics; specifically in relation to RCSA, Risk Appetite, Notifiable Events and Assurance action status.
- Knowledge - Very good knowledge of Operational Risk in financial services (essential).
- Knowledge - Strong written and verbal communication skills to an Executive, Board and Committee level (essential).
- Knowledge - Strong knowledge of operational risk reporting requirements, policies and standards, and risk training (desirable).
- Skills - Curious and continually looking to seek out improvements and not just accepting the status quo (essential).
- Skills - Strong drive and delivery, committed to achieving results and delivering on time (essential).
- Skills - Strong analytical thinking and a critical evaluator of information/issues (desirable).
- Experience - Experience with working in a second line operational risk team (desirable).
- Experience - Experience with development and evolution of operational risk reporting, policies and standards (essential).
- Experience - Experience with developing and delivering operational risk training (desirable)
- Experience - Experience with implementation and ongoing support of a GRC system (desirable)
- Relevant professional qualification desirable (IRM, CISI, ACII, IIA, ACCA/CA/CIMA)
Recruiter: Tom Hunt
Work Level: Experienced Colleague
Closing Date: 26/01/2022
We live by four behaviours at M&G and we ask all our employees to:
- Inspire Others - Support and encourage each other, creating an environment where everyone can contribute and succeed
- Embrace Change - Be open to change, willing to be challenged and able to adapt quickly and imaginatively to new ideas
- Deliver Results - Focus on outcomes, set high standards and deliver with energy and determination
- Keep it Simple - Cut through complexity and bureaucracy, be clear and decisive and never overcomplicate things