- Stirling, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Prudential plc
- Full time
- Stirling, Scotland, United Kingdom
- 18 Mar 19
Finance SpecialistWorking with M&G Prudential as a Finance Specialist means becoming part of a brand with a global reputation and an exciting vision: to become the best loved and most successful savings & investments business.
The forthcoming planned de-merger of M&G Prudential from the Prudential Group PLC provides a terrific opportunity to create a truly international and integrated savings and investments firm. A firm built on a rich and long history and with a commitment to an innovative future centred on the needs of customers and clients. There is a genuine opportunity to drive competitive advantage with value creation through the formation of this new organisation.
If you're inspired to join us, and have the necessary qualities, then this could be the opportunity you've been looking for.
A n exciting new opportunity has arisen for an Actuarial Model Developer based in Craigforth, Stirling. You will work in a team of technical experts to develop and deliver model changes, working on a variety of BAU and project related enhancements.
This role requires strong numerical and analytical skills and is suited to someone who has previous practical experience across a range of Finance specialisms building practical experience and a broader understanding of the function and/or wider business.
Key responsibilities of this role are:
- Be involved in the preparation and review of business requirements and functional specifications.
- Develop, review, test and deliver model changes in our suite of RAFM models.
- Develop, review, test and maintain the Unify workflows used to run the RAFM models and associated processes.
- Develop, review, test and maintain the tools used for model inputs and extraction of model outputs.
- Prepare and maintain model documentation and test reports.
- Understand and explain the movement in results caused by changes to the models.
- Carry out investigations into the current models and provide support to the model users.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Experience of developing or enhancing financial models.
- Experience of MoSes, RAFM, Prophet (or other) actuarial software packages would be advantageous.
- Good MS Excel & MS Word knowledge
- A working knowledge of VBA, SSIS, SQL would be advantageous but not essential
- Work well as part of a team
- Some experience of communicating findings and results of analyses in the appropriate format to ensure understanding, determining the most appropriate message and delivery method
- Some experience of disseminating quality information to internal stakeholders
- Some experience of the production of financial results and the implementation of financial controls
- Some experience of providing financial information and technical communication materials to support planning and decision making
- Some knowledge of Prudential products, systems and distribution methods would be useful but not essential
- Working knowledge of Unit Linked and With Profits
- Some knowledge of life and pensions products
- Some knowledge of IFRS, SII, Ecap
- An understanding of the commercial implications of decisions
M&G Prudential is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple - to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.
Closing date: 28 March 2019
Location: Craigforth, Stirling
Recruiter: Hannah Macmillan