About The Role:
A Fiduciary Account Manager acts as the day to day client contact for our family members, family offices and their nominated representatives. They manage all of the fiduciary aspects of the relationship, also acting as a central point of contact internally and working closely with the Relationship Manager to provide the level of service clients expect from Northern Trust.
• Maintains a working knowledge of and utilises fiduciary knowledge and experience to identify opportunities for relationship enhancement;
• Works collaboratively with internal partners and external advisors in identifying client needs and
• Hosting, co-ordinating and minuting client related board meetings and decisions.
• Manages assigned account base of wealth management clients by working with clients and their advisors to develop a thorough understanding of the client’s needs and goals.
• Exhibits developing knowledge of fiduciary duties and applicable laws, including trust and tax law, estate planning techniques, financial planning, asset management and prudent investment principles.
• Exhibits developing knowledge of fiduciary standards and practices, applies fiduciary knowledge and judgment to fiduciary relationships. Understands and complies with internal policies, processes and procedures to effect prudent risk management and judgment. Recognizes fiduciary risk issues and seeks appropriate resolution.
• Seeks continued development of fiduciary and advisory skills through training and experience.
Building trusted client relationships through engagement, effective communication and actions.
Responding to client instructions immediately and queries within 24 hours
Informing clients of any substantive changes to processes and procedures adopted by Northern Trust.
Navigate Northern Trust on behalf of the client and their needs.
Proactively work with clients to minimize risk and anticipate needs.
Escalate client concerns in a timely and accurate manner.
Assist the Relationship Manager with the client service review meetings e.g. preparation of presentations, preparation and distribution of agendas.
Prepare call reports in conjunction with the Relationship manager within 48 hours of the meeting.
Follow up with internal parties on any queries/issues which arise from meetings within 24 hours.
Maintain all documentation/files as appropriate to each client relationship.
Coordinate all requests from clients with regard to account opening/closing, global markets and authorised signatories.
Update Service Level Descriptions and Account Sheets as appropriate.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
STEP or ICSA Qualification
Experience of co-ordinating, attending and minuting board meetings and decisions
Knowledge of fiduciary standards and financial products and services
Tax and applicable laws and regulations usually acquired through training, seminars, law school or related experience
Direct experience in interacting with demanding clients or prospects and meeting their needs
Excellent organizational skills and comfort in prioritizing competing demands
Ability to perform under pressure and to be flexible with working when required
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
An understanding of the global custody industry
The competencies that would be valuable for this role include:
• Focused client relationships
• Time management
• Team focused
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.