About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
This role will be a key member of our Guernsey Trustee Team. A varied role involving technical, monitoring and oversight for a variety of fund structures including alternative investment vehicles.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
• Oversee the daily, weekly and monthly checks for trustee functions.
• Management of enquiries from - Client, Board, Custodian, Fund Accountant.
• To monitor and report on the effectiveness of operational output from outsourced locations.
• Co-ordinate, undertake and report upon onsite due diligence and client visits – overnight travel may be required from time to time.
• To ensure that all SLD requirements are monitored and met.
• Take responsibility for and lead new business on-boarding / change management projects within the team.
• Support and provide MI reporting to the relevant internal governance forums.
• To ensure all Fiduciary and Trustee requirements are met and escalate any issues where appropriate.
• To keep all operational procedures in line with expected risk requirements.
• Team player with grit and a desire to grow within the business.
• Analytical approach and the ability to produce clear and concise reports.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Experience within the financial services industry – custody, administration, trustee or investment management desirable.
• Holding or working towards financial services qualification – ACCA, ICSA, STEP or other finance related desirable
• Experience in alternative investments (PE, Property etc), oversight of outsourced functions, 3rd party due diligence visits (Manger, Administrator, Custodian) desirable.
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.