The candidate is expected to operate under general supervision but works on own most of the time in the Client Due Diligence team.
The role requires serving large and/or complex clients and investors and will be expected to be the lead consultant on smaller or less complex projects.
Technically competent to act as first point of reference for day-to-day queries, and serves as a liaison to related areas. These areas being management, clients, the Compliance Department and the Risk Department. Has in-depth knowledge of CDD and Guernsey regulatory requirements.
Carries out relatively complex, extensive, high profile activities e.g. direct interaction with committees and more senior management. Demonstrates excellent analytical, consultative, communication and judgment skills.
Focuses on maintenance and implementation of policies and procedures in the team, building towards becoming an area expert.
• Managing own daily workflow within the team
• Risk rating all investors within the group of funds allocated to this role
• Following all checklists accurately, identifying and verifying all investors in accordance with Guernsey regulations
• Ensuring investor queries are dealt with efficiently
• Sharing knowledge and expertise, efficiently and professionally
• Ensuring that anti-money laundering and KYC procedures are strictly adhered to and updated when necessary
• Being proactive in identifying process weaknesses and implementing necessary controls
• Ensuring that all investor correspondence is accurate and sent out in timely and professional manner
• Promoting commitment to the provision of an innovative and high quality service to clients
• Adhering to 100 % accuracy rate in client, risk, compliance reporting
• Dealing with internal and external auditor queries
• Ensuring receipt of original documentation and accurate filing of same
• Assisting with the new business / client take on and ensuring a smooth operational roll out
• Cross train to ensure a full understanding of clients across the entire Fund
• Administration Department (Transfer Agency, Private Equity and Real Estate & Infrastructure).
• Accurate with attention to detail
• Customer Service
• Good product / Service Knowledge
• Excellent Communication skill both written and verbal – essential for client servicing
• Adherence to standards and procedures
• Compliance / Regulatory monitoring / KYC / AML knowledge
• Problem solving
• Promotion of best practices
• Knowledge of fund administration business ( or similar Banking / Custody)
• Able to work on own initiative
• Build and maintain internal and external network of contacts
• Good working knowledge of systems ( Excel, Word, Adobe)
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.