Client Accountant 6 Month FTC - Guernsey
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like "hard work" and "dedication" together with "community" and "respect" has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different Mission
Description of the business line or department
Responsible for the preparation of accounts for all Fiduciary Clients. The team will ensure that the correct accounting information is provided to the Fiduciary Department consistently and efficiently to meet client needs. Fiduciary Support Services will also provide advice on Fiduciary Accounting best practice
• To ensure the timely and accurate preparation of case accounts, or parts thereof.
• To effectively plan preparation of allocated cases, liaising with Case Officers and the Lead Client Accountant
• Assist Lead Client Accountants with various duties including accounts reviews.
• To provide bookkeepers with technical support and expertise.
• To ensure queries are dealt with efficiently and effectively to maintain client confidence.
• To ensure personal financial and non-financial targets are met.
• To ensure continuing personal development of technical and behavioural competence. Meet requirements of regulators, government agencies and the legal environment Profile
• Demonstrable IT skills, including Microsoft Office; Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Outlook
• Knowledge of legal regulatory and industry requirements
• Working practice of business processes, standards, policies and procedures
• AAT / CAT or Equivalent relevant experience.
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Societe Generale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment