The Securities Services Product team is a new organisational unit which has been mobilised in 2019.
The scope and complexity of the product has identified a significant program of work for the coming years. The unit requires a Business Analyst to support the strategic plan around products and services offered to our clients.
The role will be part of a global team that supports North America, EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) and APAC (Asia-Pacific) whilst being based in London.
• Organising, documenting and reporting on new governance models
• Organising, controlling and documenting myriad project and business as usual (BAU) inputs
• Preparing team documentation for presentations, pitches, marketing publications and strategic planning
• Assessing and controlling new product requests from internal and external sources
• Performing and/ or coordinating research tasks for new products and align to prioritisation and development lifecycles
• Assessing and controlling new capital requests from stakeholders
• Assisting in the general administrative needs of the management team for running the product
• Supporting the Product Implementation function through changes in the business
• Reviewing and recommending on all data and information gathered
• Co-ordinating, steering and executing on planned tasks
• Establishing effective working relationships with the business, product, and IT partners
The ideal candidate should demonstrate a fair amount of the following qualities:
• Previous experience in financial services, particularly asset servicing or custody is beneficial
• Demonstrated ability to build trustworthy and credible business relationships
• Excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
• Excellent attention to details
• Proven planning skills
• Strong organisation, analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to understand and challenge processes and initiatives where needed
• Clear understanding of the programmes being worked on and a desire to understand more
• Solid skills in understanding the priorities being set by either the Product lead or Product Managers
• Good skills in following escalation procedures at the right time to prevent unnecessary ‘fire drills’
• Flexibility to adapt with changing schedules and requirements
• Ability to facilitate meetings as required and provide support the Product Lead/ Product Managers as needed
• Excellent organizational skills are required to meet goals
• Proven experience of interfacing with multiple teams
• Experience in working with key stakeholders across all levels of the organization
• Knowledge in developing standards or best practices
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.