About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone new to the offshore funds or financial services industry to progress their career. Under general supervision (but with the ability to work independently much of the time), the successful candidate will be responsible for working in conjunction with other members of the Board Servicing team to provide a professional, effective, and high quality general administration and board servicing function to the funds, management companies and other entities under administration.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
• Assist the Board Service Manager with the administration of the board servicing aspects for a small portfolio of Guernsey and non-Guernsey, listed and unlisted, entities with a certain level of supervision.
• Build relationships with the Boards and clients to help the department ensure all board servicing aspects of the NT service offering are managed effectively and efficiently.
• Assist the Board Service Manager with maintaining the corporate calendars.
• Assist with the drafting of agendas in advance of board meetings for review by the Board Service Manager.
• Incorporate any comments to be made or additions to be included on the agenda and circulate it to the board Chairman (where appropriate) and other relevant attendees for review.
• With supervision, request both internal and external reports and comments required for meetings and monitor receipt of papers in advance of the meeting.
• Collate the requested reports, chase up any outstanding reports.
• Collaborate with Board Logistics Team (“BLT”) to ensure the timely build of the electronic board pack.
• Assist with ensuring that appropriate sized rooms are reserved for board meetings, if they are to be held at Northern Trust’s offices in Guernsey.
• Liaise with the BLT regarding travel/refreshments arrangements for meetings, if appropriate.
• Attend company meetings with relevant Board Service Manager to assist with the taking of meeting minutes and action points.
• Arrange execution of entity documentation by Directors and maintain document tracker spreadsheets.
• Ensure signed documentation is filed/scanned or placed into Safekeeping, in accordance with NT procedures.
• Assist with the maintenance of various departmental databases/spreadsheets as required.
• Assist Board Service Manager with queries and requests received on a day to day basis, from clients and other members of staff.
• Perform other administration functions from time to time as may be required by the department.
• Liaise with external Directors and Chairpersons by telephone/email/in person.
• Liaise with internal Relationship Managers and Client Service Delivery Managers.
• Liaise with advisers, such as lawyers and auditors by telephone/email/in person.
• Represent the Company in a professional manner and enhance the perception of the Company as client oriented, proactive and dedicated to providing a superior service
• The ideal candidate will hold some experience in administration in an office environment, preferably in financial services but this is not a must
• Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook (email and calendar administration) – Intermediate Word skills would be beneficial.
• Excellent organisational and time management skills.
• Strong Administration and Interpersonal skills.
• Short hand or fast typing/note taking skills would be an advantage to assist with the taking of meeting minutes.
• A strong sense of ‘customer service’ and the confidence to communicate with clients, directors and third party advisors by telephone, email as well as face to face.
• Professional in appearance and manner.
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.