Account Manager Global Family Office
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 16,500 employees globally. We serve the world’s most-sophisticated clients – from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We built our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
Northern Trust proudly cultivates a diverse workforce, to serve our diverse client base. We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company. We encourage applications from the best regardless of ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, education, socio-economic background, parental and caring status, or religion.
Global Family Office (“GFO”) is a sales and client servicing team dedicated to supporting very wealthy families and their charities and foundations. With over $200mm in investable assets, these families act like institutions but require a personal and high touch approach, as well as the highest level of discretion. Our families wealth is mixed in nature with some being multi-generational inherited wealth and some being new entrepreneurial wealth.
Wealth Management clients take a broad range of products and services from Northern Trust including asset servicing, fiduciary, fund administration, investments and banking and require a very personal and attentive level of support.
An Account Manager acts as the day to day client contact for our family members, family offices and their nominated representatives. They also act as a central point of contact internally and work closely with the Relationship Manager to provide the level of service clients expect from Northern Trust.
• Building trusted client relationships through engagement, effective communication and actions.
• Responding to client instructions immediately and queries within 24 hours
• Informing clients of any substantive changes to processes and procedures adopted by Northern Trust.
• Monitoring cash positions/overdrafts
• Navigate Northern Trust on behalf of the client and their needs.
• Facilitate client’s ability to use online applications such as Wealth Passport, TOE & GCM.
• Proactively work with clients to minimize risk and anticipate needs.
• Escalate client concerns in a timely and accurate manner.
• Assist the Relationship Manager with the client service review meetings e.g. preparation of presentations, preparation and distribution of agendas.
• Prepare call reports in conjunction with the Relationship manager within 48 hours of the meeting.
• Follow up with internal parties on any queries/issues which arise from meetings within 24 hours.
• Maintain all documentation/files as appropriate to each client relationship.
• Coordinate all requests from clients with regard to account opening/closing, global markets and authorised signatories.
• Update Service Level Descriptions and Account Sheets as appropriate.
• Open/ Close accounts.
• Raise requests to remove/ add users for on-line client system and maintain a list of users.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
• A strong background with a good understanding of the global custody industry
• Direct experience in interacting with demanding clients or prospects and meeting their needs
• Excellent organizational skills and comfort in prioritizing competing demands
• Ability to perform under pressure and to be flexible with working when required
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Self- motivated
The competencies that would be valuable for this role include:
• Focused client relationships
• Time management
• Team focused
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.